HELP!!! Truck sick.

two fast 4 u

I have been having a prob with the SES light comming on. First time was for a right bank allways rich. Put 2 new o2's in her, rephased the computer and fin for three or four days. SES light now on for both banks rich. Been scanning her for weeks and have not found any sensors out of range. So now I am thinking that it might be a chip prob so I go back to an earlyer chip program. No good same prob. So last night I put her stock, damn this truck is slow now, but any how, . Now when the truck shifts at wide open it pops really loud in the exsaust. I mean REALLY loud like it will blow the exsaust off. But so far no SES light. Any thoughts??

Paul

John Armstrong

Established Member
Originally posted by 2 fast 4 u
I have been having a prob with the SES light comming on. First time was for a right bank allways rich. Put 2 new o2's in her, rephased the computer and fin for three or four days. SES light now on for both banks rich. Been scanning her for weeks and have not found any sensors out of range. So now I am thinking that it might be a chip prob so I go back to an earlyer chip program. No good same prob. So last night I put her stock, damn this truck is slow now, but any how, . Now when the truck shifts at wide open it pops really loud in the exsaust. I mean REALLY loud like it will blow the exsaust off. But so far no SES light. Any thoughts??

Paul

Paul,

I noticed you have the 90MM MAF. Don't run it hard without the chip. You can go lean.

Just call Jim@JDM. Most of us can only guess Jim can give you answers.

two fast 4 u

This thing is driving me nuts!!!!! I found the source of the loud popping noise. The shifting of the truck is so much different with out the chip in it . Before I had more power then the tires could handel when it shifts that it would brake the tires lose in the shift. Now with out the chip, the tires dont brake lose on the shift. Now when it shifts it couses the exsaust to slap the frame. Now the SES light has been out for a week now. It only comes on with the chip in it. The think that has me is that I have 3 different chips, only the two that are programed for the 90 mass air are giving me problems. Time to get on the phone.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread