Help Wanted . . . . . .

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Ok guys. I have a problem. My dad has been driving my car for a week now. I let him borrow it because his is having trouble. I took his to the shop and they say that they are pretty sure that it has a major vaccum leak. This could either be coming from the orings on the injectors or on the lower intake manifold gasket around the number 1 cylinder. His price is going to be $275 to replace all this. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me replace this upper gasket set and put new orings on the injectors for a cheaper price than that? I can't get my beater back from my dad until I get his running. Any help that I could get would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a shop or any tools to do this type of work, but I would be willing to help anyone interested in doing this for me. Just name your price.

The above mentioned vehicle is a 1993 Ford Explorer with a 4.0L V6. The vehicle has 196,000 miles on it.
Mechanic says that his shop manual is calling for 3 1/2 hours labor on this project.

Last edited:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
IF we could use the same shop that we used for your springs I have no Problam helping out but I dont have any free time until next week...Call me if you need anything

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I don't think I would have any problems getting the shop. That would be pretty convenient for me being as how the car is already at the house. Thats just right down the street. When you say next week, does that mean on a week day, or a weekend?

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
Manifold Gasket And The O-rings Are A Breeze! You Can Do That In You Driveway. I Worked For Ford For 4 Years, Give Me A Call I Can Get The Parts Cheap! Pm Or Buzz Me Back.

I JUST HAD TO DO THAT ON THE STANG AWHILE BACK IF A FEW OF YA'LL REMEMBER----BOOM!!!!!!!!! :pepper:

Last edited:

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
Just Got Prices On The Parts......manifold Gasket $ 6.26 Each X2 =$12.52
O-rings.....$7.11 ...that Is Ford Product In Stock.....just Let Me Know IF I CAN HELP!

TOTAL---$19.63 AND SOME TAX!

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
If you do it next week during the day I can help too, but if it is at night sorry I have to work. If you need a place to do it we can bring it on base and use the shop there they have everything that you would ever need. Or my house I should have the tools that are needed.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
TRUBLUEGT03 said:
Your Getting A Kb?

I sold him mine, and everything else under my hood almost. And at a steal of a deal I might add.

Oh and Christian, Ill help however I can, Im just pretty strapped for times that I can help

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
mhays26 said:
I sold him mine, and everything else under my hood almost. And at a steal of a deal I might add.

Oh and Christian, Ill help however I can, Im just pretty strapped for times that I can help

I can get my car to you as soon as I get my dads car fixed. He is using my beater as of now. I really hope that the intake manifold is all thats wrong with it, but I do have my doubts. I think I will take Cheyenne up on his offer to help next week.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Whenever you guys get together and work on it, let me know and Ill come out and help. Well, if Cheyenne will let me drive the Yota back to LR that is. :D Im going to be a ride switcher for the next month, so I dont wear out anybody's friendship. Everyone donate their ride, or a ride to me for one week until mine id fixed, and Ill take requests on ass kickings to hand out when the truck is running. That sounds good

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
ok. got everything tore down tonight and it is very obvious that the intake manifold was leaking. It was leaking around the #1 and #2 cylinder ports between the fuel rail and the lower manifold. I'm going to put it all back together tomorrow. Hope thats all that is wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread