HELP!!! What did I break????

PIXER

Banned
So learned a valueable lesson this afternoon........... our cars/ my car does not like it when you try and roast the tires in reverse (my '03 did)

It hopped around like it was trying to desroy itself.

Then (this all happened in ~ 3-4 seconds- about the time it took me to let off the gas and RPMs to drop)
It started smoking.
Shut it off and popped the hood.
The JLT tube had knocked off, and the clamp was on the other side of the motor!
And cooland was leaking real bad from behind the passenger side head.

Drove it home (up the street) and this is what I see: (passenger side, )
(its too hot for me to work on right now)

APPEARS to be the connection for the coolant line to enter the firewall for the Heater........ but how does it hook the motor? and where? What piece do I need? (plactic/ rubber was on ground)

How can I work on this? (have it jacked up now, thinking I might have to0 remove the H pipe to get my hands up there)

I cant see a rubber hows hanging down anywhere.... anyone got a pic of there?
Thanks.
Mark

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
You gotta give a better explanation or something man.. Im still a little lost at what the problem is

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Cant lie... Ive never tried a reverse burnout but I have tried goin fast in reverse and I know the wheel hop your talking about.. lol...

Is that spot your talking about leaking coolant?

There should be two lines off the firewall that are coolant lines. That looks kinda low though. It the problem in the block or the head?

I can try and get a shot of the pass head tomorrow in the light if you need...

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
That's a weep hole. It's supposed to be like that. Condensation from the AC/ventilation system drips out of it.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
That's a weep hole. It's supposed to be like that. Condensation from the AC/ventilation system drips out of it.

+1

I was going to say. The pictures show the drain hole. Its a drain for the heater core/ a/c core. If you are leaking water, I'd say its probably normal...but coolant from there?? Your heater core is leaking..have fun pulling the dash for them, they arent fun. That hole drips down right onto your exhaust, so that was the smoke you were seeing..

zx3focus

Established Member
Reverse burnout, just wow. It cant be anything major. I wouldnt think. Probably a line popped off from the violent hopping.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
when im pissed I alwasys floor it when Im backing up,,, Its kinda fun but def, get a little wheep hop and banging around in the rear

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
that picture of the hose coming from firewall certainly looks like the coolant drain or whatever for the AC from inside the cab, i know i just had to unclog mine last week.

PIXER

Banned
Cant lie... Ive never tried a reverse burnout but I have tried goin fast in reverse and I know the wheel hop your talking about.. lol...

Is that spot your talking about leaking coolant?

There should be two lines off the firewall that are coolant lines. That looks kinda low though. It the problem in the block or the head?

I can try and get a shot of the pass head tomorrow in the light if you need...

(see sig....... really used to race in reverse, civics going forward, me lined up -with 2 lanes instead of one) first one to this line won)
The videos were AWESOME

I found the problem........ The coolant tube that goes from the heater core to the passenger side head hit a bolt coming out of the firewall (the rubber on the ground was....... some of the rubber from the motor mounts :dw: )

Autozone didn't have exactly what I need, but rigged it long enough to go to the stealership :bash:

PIXER

Banned
Can you please tell us WTF ever possesed you to do a burn out in reverse?

like I said, when I had my '03 cobra (first mustang ever owned) I was fun as hell.........
I had just put on new corner lenses and was driving around the neighborhood to find my family who was on a walk....... found them and then went to park so I could walk with them............

Wasn't thinking.......
now I know, Solid axle no like reverse burnout :beer:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Let's try to help SOLVE his problem and not poke fun of his mistake. I'm sure we have ALL done stupid things that we wish we hadn't, I know I have(having the Cobra "see-saw" on jackstands).

Please don't make me pull out my "MOD" duty card.

Users who are viewing this thread