Help with 02 censors on my 03

1/2 bent

Established Member
I just took my o/r x-pipe back off my Cobra because i didn't like the sound with my mac catback. I ordered a pro chamber. I have a question about the back censors. What colors goes on what side. I forgot. As of now I'm running the car with the purple connector on the passenger side and the blue on the drivers side. Anyone here know if that is correct? Thanks for any help.

Bryan

Rio

left and right are different colors for you?

hm, thats weird......on my '04, the fronts are green and the backs are blue.....but each side by side pair is matching in color....my 99 gt was the same.....

left and right doesnt matter as far as i know, but front and back do matter, however, the plugs for the front and back are different so it won't even let you mess it up if you wanted to....

1/2 bent

Established Member
The fronts on mine are both green. The back ones are different colors on connectors one blue and one purple. Anyone els have this? If its not a problem then i wont worry about it but it seems i remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't get the sides mixed up.

Bryan

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by 1/2 bent
I just took my o/r x-pipe back off my Cobra because i didn't like the sound with my mac catback. I ordered a pro chamber. I have a question about the back censors. What colors goes on what side. I forgot. As of now I'm running the car with the purple connector on the passenger side and the blue on the drivers side. Anyone here know if that is correct? Thanks for any help.

Bryan

It shouldn't matter after you get the ProChamber as you'll turn your rear O2's off anyway. With the stock system it will matter which goes where because when an emission malfunction occurs the computer sets the code specific to the engine bank.

PS. If you're anything like me you'll dig the sound of your new exhaust set up!:rockon:

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
I think you are right in your first assumption of which colors go where. If I remember right, that's which colors are on which side. But as someone said before with the prochamber you'll have to get MIL eliminators which will plug into your O2 sensors and tell the computer everything is fine regardless of which is which. What I did when I did my exhaust is to lay each corresponding O2 sensor on that side of the car when I took them off.

1/2 bent

Established Member
Thanks to you all. Yea i had the plug in MIL eliminators on with my o/r X but took them off when i put my factory h back on. They will go back on with the prochamber. I think ill like the prochamber sound.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread