Help with 99/01 Cobra Bumper on 02 GT

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
Well guys today my wife did it. She backed into my front bumper with the back of her Expedition. It cracked the bumper on the right front and I am thinking of replacing it with the 99/01 front bumper. I currently have a Mach 1 chin spoiler and I would like to keep it on there if possible. I was wanting to know where everyone got there bumpers at? I saw a couple on 50 Resto's site and some are repo's and some are not. Has anyone had experence with the repo's cause they are a lot cheaper. Do you have to buy new brackets etc?? I would like to know you guys opinion and see some pictures if possible? Thanks. :bash:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i have an aftermarket (repo) 03/04 cobra bumper and love it. You can use all existing brackets off your stock bumper

semperfimrn1

Established Member
if you get ahold of one like mentioned before itll just slide right in and you just use all the existing hardware from original bumper

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
Cool so all I have to buy is the bumper, fogs and the black piece around the fogs? Can you guys post some pics of your bumpers? My car is mineral grey.

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
99/01 Bumper. I messed up and thought I saw the repo bumper on there but it was the 03/04 bumper. I want the 99/01 bumper if possible.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
that thing looks sweet!:rockon:

thanks but it doesnt even look close to that anymore :( I loved the way it looked then, should have kept it the same.

I did changed up some stuff on it. I got rid of the wheels, have DD chrome bullitts on it now, 2 1/2" HOfibertrends cowl hood, shaved 99-04 GT bumper (no mustang written in it) v6 wingless trunk lid on it, and tinted tails. Im waiting to get all the body pieces I want and do a complete repaint, its gonna look good hopefully when im done :)

03 Mach 1

Established Member
I cant figure out how to get pics on here but p.m your email if you want and i will send you pics of my 01 cobra bumper with my mach 1 chin spoiler on it.

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
267J2F.jpg

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
thanks but it doesnt even look close to that anymore :( I loved the way it looked then, should have kept it the same.

I did changed up some stuff on it. I got rid of the wheels, have DD chrome bullitts on it now, 2 1/2" HOfibertrends cowl hood, shaved 99-04 GT bumper (no mustang written in it) v6 wingless trunk lid on it, and tinted tails. Im waiting to get all the body pieces I want and do a complete repaint, its gonna look good hopefully when im done :)

what hood do you have on the car in those pics?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
just stock in those pics, I have a few pics off my iphone of my car as it sits now but looks like crap with 3 different colors on it lol, i need to get the other parts so i can paint it

Users who are viewing this thread