Help With A Scratch

norrin302

Established Member
So I'm washing my new Cobra yesterday, and trying to get all the dirt out of every crevice, and what do I end up doing? ...scratching it!!! :cuss::bash::fm: Dumb dumb dumb.. Not a scratch on it when I buy it, and I don't have it for a week and I already scratch the thing. Anyway, I was hoping someone might have some suggestions as to what I could try to fix this, or where I could take it to get it fixed (Zaxjax?). I tried Meguire's scratch fix stuff that I had, but that didn't make a dent (no pun intended). Please let me know if you can help fix my bonehead mistake...

DSC01913.gif

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
How the heck did you manage to do that? Zaxjax will get you straightened out...

Homebrew

Established Member
Maybe it's just because it's a closeup, but that looks kinda deep. Can you catch your fingernail on it? I don't think it's unrepairable, I'd say worst case scenario it could be buffed to nearly invisible. Best case scenario, like it never happened(at least as far as one's eyes can tell). You'd be surprised what will buff out. My car's door was keyed when my brother owned it, bad enough that it really should be wetsanded and cleared. However, having paintwork done always makes me nervous. So instead I buffed and buffed and buffed until the key marks were nearly invisible. You have to catch them in just the right light to see them now. Moral of the story, don't get to freaked out just yet. I'm sure Zaxjax can get you straightened out.

On a side note, i'd really like to see your car in person some time, I'd like to see the mystichrome painted interior pieces up close. Hopefully I'll see you at one of the future meets.

-Kevin

norrin302

Established Member
Yep, I can catch my fingernail on it. Hopefully I'll be able to get something worked out to minimize my mistake. Homebrew, I'll definitely be at a meet or two in the near future, so you can check out those interior pieces. I wasn't sure about them at first, but now I really like them. They seem really well done.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
ya I bet it needs to be wet sanded, at least yours is only a scratch to be wet sanded, I have an entire roof and part of a hood that has to be done because of acid etching lol, not really funny but what can you do about it?

Users who are viewing this thread