help with choosing flywheel, been searching all day.

jeffl9682

Established Member
I have a 2004 mustang gt. I already purchased a centerforce dual friction clutch and ford racing throw out bearing and pilot bearing. Im stuck on which flywheel to get. I already ruled out an aluminum one. I cant seem to figure out which would be a better match for the centerforce clutch, stock ford oem or a billett steel flywheel. i have been google searching flywheels all day.
there are many options if i decide on a billet steel on. ie: spec, ram, ford racing. Centerforce does have a billet steel flywheel but it is almost 400$.
I am just looking for some feeddback on which would be the best option for the clutch i bought. i only wanna do the install once lol.
thanks in advance

jeffl9682

Established Member
im pretty certain the stock one in the car will be to badly heatsoaked to resurface. ive been needing a new clutch for a long time now. I have the money to spend but i just want to only to the job one time.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Why did you rule out an aluminum one?
Install the one the clutch manufacturer tells you to?!

jeffl9682

Established Member
Obviously centerforce would want me to buy their flywheel but it's over 400$. I wasn't sure if the big bump in price would justify getting their billet steel one over the spec billet steel. Or even just sticking with a new oem unit from ford.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I have the dual centerforce and love it.. It's a great clutch and I have it paired with the billet aluminum flywheel and its a great combo.. Get the aluminum flywheel

Users who are viewing this thread