Help with cluster

94blacksnake

Established Member
Ok, heres the deal. I put the LED lights in my cluster but now the right side of my MPH gauge is not illuminating and the left side of my RPM is not lit either. I took the cluster back out and it looks like the circuit board where the sockets connect are wore out. My question is will I have to buy a new cluster or maybe there is an inexpensive fix? I thought about aluminum foil but I am not sure if that will work. Here is what I am looking at.
20130427_224419_resized.jpg

94blacksnake

Established Member
I had thought of that and already tried. Didn't work. It just looks like the circuit board has worn though to me and not making contact. Thanks for the suggestion though.

teksidCOBRA

Established Member
Ive fixed a printed circuit before with a rear window defogger repair kit. The kit is about 25 bucks. They also make a 2 part conductive epoxy but that's a little pricy.

94blacksnake

Established Member
Thanks Teksid, I didn't even think about that. it would be a lot better fix than foil for sure. I guess just any auto parts store i can pick it up from?

94blacksnake

Established Member
I put them back in and its the same situation. Looks like the center light is not working. switched bulb positions and verified bulbs are working.

Users who are viewing this thread