HELP with decision on next car, please

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
Thanks guys for any input you may have. I have anywhere from $35-$50k cash to spend on a car. I owned one of the most modded out cobras on this site and since last march due to having to finance my company parted ways with it. I have never not owned an 03 cobra, had 3 of them with my last one being the most modded. It was whippled, built and every suspension mod you can think of, basically $30k in just parts...I am now doing well business wise and am looking to get into another car this winter. Looking for a great deal with the market upside down. Anyway, I always wanted a Viper since the first day I saw a GTS back in '96 and now they are around $45k. I've always wanted a twin turbo porsche as well, but never thought I could ever afford one. I know I can get a decent Cobra again, but was thinking about a change. Can you guys give me some pros and cons to the viper and porsche. Viper looking for 97-2006 depending on condition and price. Porsche looking at 2002 or 2003. Cobra only an 03/04, loved them at first site.
thanks

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
30-40k is a tough range. There are TONS of options. Good luck with the search though.

97formulaws6

Established Member
Looked at GTSs and couldn't ever really fall in love with the reliability. Too many people have said too much stuff breaks. IDK personally, just seems to be the reputation. BUT hands down one of the best looking cars of the late 90s for me.

Porsches are like Vettes. You can pound on them all day long, and they're just not gonna break.

That said, my next vehicle will still prolly be a GTS. :banana:

blakedout

Established Member
i know you didint mention it but have you thought of a SUPRA! that may just be something to think about. those are really nice cars! what do you guys think???

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
i know you didint mention it but have you thought of a SUPRA! that may just be something to think about. those are really nice cars! what do you guys think???
I'm not a fan of japanese cars, know that the supra is a beast, but no character to me...I would get a vette before that, but I'm not too much of a vette fan unless its an 07 or 08, which I can't afford since my high end is $50k, might be able to do a $55k, but for that much I'm into the 911 zone.

blakedout

Established Member
the only vette i like would be the new z06 but i thought id throw the supra in the mix there to see what you guys and you would think and it is a beast i agree

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
335i Coupe BMW with Vishnu Proceed tune. Its most likely going to be my next car because I can't afford a Z06 yet. I'm in the same boat as you. 400rwhp/12 sec 1/4 Luxury Coupe is a nice thing to have. Good luck.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I'm not a fan of japanese cars, know that the supra is a beast, but no character to me...I would get a vette before that, but I'm not too much of a vette fan unless its an 07 or 08, which I can't afford since my high end is $50k, might be able to do a $55k, but for that much I'm into the 911 zone.

If you want a car with character, don't get a 911.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Explain how a 911 doesnt have character?

Have you ever been in or driven a 911? They are damn good cars, but are just a little bland. Everything is there for a reason and is very mechanical and nothing is as fun or cool as you would hope, except for the drive. It's like a stapler, it does what it's supposed to do, and does it well, but it's just not as wild as you would hope. It goes around corners like nothing and will go on rock solid high speed runs all day, but it doesn't really let you step the back out or have too much fun.

A friends dad has a GT2 that is nothing short of awesome(including the price tag) and it is scary as hell, but it does not have character. No other 911s that I have been in or driven can give you the feeling that a lot of other sports car do. It's not just about being fast or expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread