help with ex gf (LEO's ONLY)

NastyNate420

Established Member
So my ex cheated on me with my ex best friend and she moved out with him. she was living with me and is still on my lease. i left cali and went to nj for a couple months to get away and visit family. she got a key from the landlord and stole/messed with my stuff. the important thing are they ex gf and my ex bestfriend stole my spare keys to my mach that were in my motorcyle jacket poclet in my closet. they also messed with my jeep so the check engine came on. i got the mach re keyed and pulled the code and fixed the jeep. they disconnected the map sensor and a vacuum line. i have the land lord trying to get her to sign off the lease and he told me she said she would a couple months ago when she got the key from him. but she hasnt responded. i filed a police report for the things she stole. im going to file the paper for a restraining order but i dunno how that will go. any advice? i really jus want her off my lease and both of them outta my life. id like my picture back but yeah rite.

mustanginky

Established Member
dunno what you'd do to get her off the lease, that's a civil matter, but she didn't have the right to take your property even if you live together. i had sorta similar situations when i was younger, she refused to return a vehicle and i had to get the police involved. hope it all works out the best for you. dunno if you can get a restraining order, depends on your state laws. hopefully a LEO from your state will respond. usually they have to follow either an act of violence or threat of violence.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
What proof do you have that she/they are responsible for the things you listed?

Cut your losses and move on.

and pics of ex girl or gtfo!

NastyNate420

Established Member
they were in my house and she had the access to my house. the house wasnt broken into. i dont have any other roommates! if i wanted to post pics i would have posted in smackdown! im trying to cut my losses but if she is still on my lease then its bound to happen again! thanx for NOTHING SVTCOP!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
they were in my house and she had the access to my house. the house wasnt broken into. i dont have any other roommates! if i wanted to post pics i would have posted in smackdown! im trying to cut my losses but if she is still on my lease then its bound to happen again! thanx for NOTHING SVTCOP!

Anytime buddy! :beer:

You didn't prove they were involved yet. And who pulls a vacuum line and map sensor for sweet revenge? Looks like you've got it from here. :rollseyes

Last edited:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
You filed a police report but IF she did mess with/steal your belongings she will never admit to it. A magistrate would most likely issue charges against her based off of your side, b/c you have no proof..as svtcop said. You very well may know she did and she most likely did, but with no proof you are out of luck.
Cut your losses and get her off of your lease whatever way possible

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
This happens all the time. I hate going to calls like this "THEY DID THIS TO ME, I KNOW THEY STOLE MY STUFF".

Ok how do you know

"THEY HAD TO"

Sweet proof bro.

Seriously, if you think I'm being harsh or joking, go to your commissioner and try to apply for charges against them. Unless you have video, a commissioner is more than likely not going to grant charges for theft or anything. Pulling a vacuum hose off a car? Unless it damaged something, it's not malicious destruction of property, there's no charge for that. The theft thing you can file a police report but beyond that....

Get her name off the lease through landlord/tenant court and be done with it. Get the locks changed.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Unfortunately in California you will have a very difficult time seeking prosecution of a co-habitating partner who is/was on your lease. There is no physical evidence she took any items, same with the malicious actions against your vehicles.

The police may have taken a report, but I doubt they filed it as a "theft" report, since it is a statistic they can't clear. Most likely they classified it as a suspicious circumstance, etc.

Now that management is aware, they should not let her back in. Not sure why they did in the first place, I'm assuming you told them she was not living with you any more and ask they not let her in or have a key.?.

NastyNate420

Established Member
I never claimed they were gonna file theft charges. I know thats not gonna happen and im prolly not gonna get any of my stuff back. I filed the report so that I could get a restraining order with a move out order. Which I jus picked up today now jus have to get her served. I also know that I can take her to civil court where I wont need as much evidence and possible get something. Everything she stole or messed with has pretty much be replaced cept for all my pictures .... oh well......ya live and learn! Good thing I dont make the same mistake twice! Also I found that there is a statue in the lease for Abandonment and the landlord can evict her for that if she wont sign off the lease. Hopefully my new bytch is a lil less crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread