help with front suspension

hazed

Established Member
so i have a bad lower control arm bushing, im not very knowledgable about suspension stuff so i called around and they tell me about 350 to replace, well i was thinking about just going all out and getting tubular k member, tubular A arms, and coilovers the D & D stuff isnt that bad from cool blue performance. if i get all that stuff it will fix my problem right? suggestions :shrug:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I wouldnt do a tublar setup for a DD car. 350 sounds about right. They have to pull the whole lower control arm off, take out bushing, press in a new one and put it all back together. Ive done this myself. I put an entire poly bushing kit in my car. If their going to replace one bushing, have ALL of them replaced with poly. your car will be so much more solid and predictable. I love mine now and its a DD.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I'd get Steeda's front control arms with urethane bushings myself. Will make the front a bit bumpier, but not to bad.

hazed

Established Member
red98cobra how hard is it to do yourself, i can get access to a lift what other tools would i need?

hazed

Established Member
and why not tubular on a DD car, thats what they sell with the turbo kits and stuff?

beegeezy

Established Member
hazed said:
red98cobra how hard is it to do yourself, i can get access to a lift what other tools would i need?

very easy to do, just need hand tools. An impact gun makes things easier but not required by any means.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
beegeezy said:
very easy to do, just need hand tools. An impact gun makes things easier but not required by any means.

+1, I did my entire cars suspension in a few days. I have all the necessary tools (im a technician) including impacts, swivels, extensions, deep sockets ETC.just take your time and make sure its all done right. Doing work twice is always a bummer.

Good luck

hazed

Established Member
thank you for the info but im still trying to learn, what exactly is the difference between control arms, and tubular A arms? and how hard would it be for me to do the tubular k member with the tubular A arms, or am i just getting out of my league? i dont know

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
tubular k memeber will make the car ride rougher than stock. It saves weight and is a much better design than stock by far. If you dont mind a car that rides rough and want to feel every pebble in the road, go for it.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
hazed said:
thank you for the info but im still trying to learn, what exactly is the difference between control arms, and tubular A arms? and how hard would it be for me to do the tubular k member with the tubular A arms, or am i just getting out of my league? i dont know

A arms- front of car
Control arms- rear of car

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I use the UPR chromoly K member and A arms. I use the D & D coilovers since I likee their spanner adjustments better. It didn't realy make my car ride any rougher. It makes more noise, if you hit a pothole you hear it more since the urethane transmits everything to the suspension, but the shocks and springs still do their job for ride control. In fact the entire suspension of my car has delrin or urethane in every joint including the motor mounts. The worst my car's ride has translated to was about the difference in having regular inflated tires versus over inflated tires. The difference was not much and absolutely worth the trade off in ride versus performance. I did mine myself also on a buddies lift in 7 hours. OK I'n not the fastest wrench, but I got it done. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread