Help With Fuel Pressure Gauge!!

cobra4.6L

Established Member
i left my radar detector on in the cobra and the battery went dead. When i went to jump her, everything came on but, the fuel gauge just started spiking and not giving a reading. Could this be a blown fuse or something else? any feedback would be appreciated

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Hopefully the sending unit wasn't damaged during the jump start. Is your car charged fully again? And the gauge is still bad?

You could try to pull that fuse (it is fused, right?) and see if it resets.

Good luck,

Alan

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i just went down to my cobra today to get my sunglasses before heading to class and noticed i left my radar detector up which i never do and when i shut the door and went to lock it it didn't beep the horn or blink the lights like it always does. so then i went to start it and got nothing, sounds like a dead battery but i have also heard about problems with alternators on the 03/04's and i am wondering if that could be it. my friend will be here in about an hour to give me a jump and then i'm goin to the dealership for a new battery if that is it. my cobra only has ~4000 miles on it also.

also, when we jump it should i disconnect the wiring harness for the fuel pressure gauge to avoid this problem or is this something i shouldn't be worried about?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
ive left my valentine one on all night and the car starts in the morning. you have a short somewhere drawing on the battery. possibly the fuel pressure gauge. is it the autometer electric one thats a jillion dollars? it should be on a 1amp fuse to its power.

get your multimeter out and test, test, test...

ModsAway

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
ive left my valentine one on all night and the car starts in the morning. you have a short somewhere drawing on the battery. possibly the fuel pressure gauge. is it the autometer electric one thats a jillion dollars? it should be on a 1amp fuse to its power.

get your multimeter out and test, test, test...

Do you know of good cheaper alternatives to the autometer fuel pressure gauge? I will be getting one before spring along with a wideband commander.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
just had a bad battery, warranty swapped it out. i hadn't started the car in about 4 days and the weather has fluxuated from 60's to 20's with snow.

Users who are viewing this thread