Help with fuel pump upgrade on a 98’

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
My fuel pump has been intermittently giving me a long crank, so I figured I’d change it over the winter while I did some other mods.

The car will be boosted next year, and I’m shooting for the 450-500rwhp range, so I wanted to get something that pushes 340lph or better.

I’m finding next to nothing, just some walbro and bbk drop ins, but nothing that pushes as much fuel as I would like. So does anybody have any suggestions or leads? Maybe modding something from another application to fit?

I don’t want to go too crazy with this, as a built motor and full fuel system is in the future, at a later stage.

Thanks

Chip Schweiss

Established Member
I don't have any suggestions on a pump, however, the long crank could be a sign of the fuel pressure regulator or an injector leaking while the engine is off. Be sure to check the fuel pressure isn't bleeding off.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Thanks Dave, and thanks for responding on Facebook. It’s appreciated. I sent an email to aeromotive, and they responded that it’s either a 97 and lower style, or a 99 and up style. I should drop my tank and check. Lol

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Thanks Dave, and thanks for responding on Facebook. It’s appreciated. I sent an email to aeromotive, and they responded that it’s either a 97 and lower style, or a 99 and up style. I should drop my tank and check. Lol

This is true. The 98 was a bastard transition year. My car was built in March of 98 which makes it a late one. Mine has the 99-up variable speed pump but still the return style fuel lines. But I thought the Aeromotive 340 was designed to work with return or returnless style setups?

Users who are viewing this thread