Help with guestimating E.T.

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just picked up A 90 Notchback and it just got new valve springs and A tune. It has A Profession Products intake manifold, Crane Cam, full exhaust including Euqual length headers, 3.73 gears and A MSD ignition box. Currently after the dyno tune it made 260 RWHP and around 300 RWTQ. This will be my first Foxbody I will be taking to the track so I am wondering what your average driver would run in the quarter mile with it, does mid 13's at around 103-104 sound about right?

DarkMach1

Established Member
What's the weather like? And what tires/suspension? I'd say 13.7-14.1 @ 100-102. Maybe even a tad slower.

Last edited:

parksr5

Established Member
I don't know what your elevation is there but I have a 97 Cobra that made 276 hp on a chassis dyno and around the same in torque and I've run 13.3 on a set of nitto drag radials spinning a little. My 90 notch weighed 2960 which is about 500 hundred and some odd pounds less than what my Cobra weighs so; I would guess that the thing could make some high 12 second passes with sticky tires dumping the clutch in the upper rpms. Heck, my 93 hatch ran 13.90's with long tubes and full exhaust, cold air intake, throttle body and an electric fan. That's with the stock 3.08 gears. I only made three passes with the car ever and I think I could have gotten the thing down in the 13.80's or 13.70's with some more seat time. Wallace racing calculators says the car at 3160 (2960+200 pounds for the driver) will do 13.39. I don't know if that assumes the HP is at the crank or at the tire but if you say it's at the tire, you should be making around 305 hp at the flywheel and if you plug that back into the calculator; 12.79 is what it should run.

Users who are viewing this thread