Help with hesitation.

wolves

Established Member
The other day, in 4th gear, just about floored the car, and while going from 60 to 80, the car hesitated, the mph dropped from 80 to 60, then went back up no problem. happened several times. Car felt like it was going to shut off or felt like something with the fuel. It went from picking up speed to hesitation to picking back up.

This was running n/a with out any nitrous at all. Bottle was not hooked up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Its a good idea to have your fuel filter changed often. I change both my Lightning and Cobra every 12k to 16k. I pulled one out of my brothers Lightning at 30k and I could not even blow threw it. Can't say thats your problem, but a good place to start

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by wolves
The other day, in 4th gear, just about floored the car, and while going from 60 to 80, the car hesitated, the mph dropped from 80 to 60, then went back up no problem. happened several times. Car felt like it was going to shut off or felt like something with the fuel. It went from picking up speed to hesitation to picking back up.

This was running n/a with out any nitrous at all. Bottle was not hooked up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

i had that exact thing happen a month or two ago....under throttle it would hesitate severely and the speedo would go nuts... the way i found out what it was is because it finally threw a code, had it read at Autozone, it said Crank position sensor (which is down by the crank pulley). i checked all the wiring from the sensor up, and found that a clip that mounts to the passenger side valve cover up front had come loose (two of the wires this clip held was the CPS feed and ground) and these wires not being held in place ventured over to the idler pulley and worn through, so the CPS circuit was intermittently grounding out, causing my probs...toook and individually wrapped the two wires, the retaped them to the clip and it seems to have held pretty well....if you want some help locating, pm me and we can meet up somewhere to take a look after work....

wolves

Established Member
That is exactly what happened to me. severe hesitation, and the speedo went from 80 to 60 to somewhere under 60 cause I caught sight of it when it was coming back up. I see where you are talking about, but not sure what wires or if I see the exact wires you are talking about. Sent you PM. Thanks for the insight. Hope it is just that.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread