Help with hose location

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
Where does the hose start from that is used to heat the EGR? I know on regular GT/LXs it starts from the heater tube assembly and goes to the tube that sticks out from the upper manifold and heats the EGR. The original owner of my Cobra took off the hose and plugged it on the manifold, but I can't find where it starts. None of my shop manuals show where is starts on a Cobra :shrug: . Thanks for the help.

David

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
93 Cobra do not have a water heated EGR like the GT/LX.

The metal tubes that run down the intake to the heater core does not even have a nipple to run the front EGR hose off of.... and the rear supply out of the intake is plugged off.

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
I totally agree that there is no hose connection from the heater coolant tube. I can't attch any pics, but check out the link. It's a pic of prez1967's 93 Cobra R engine (beautiful car!). If you look on the upper intake behind the throttle body there are is one coolant hose. This is the one I have been referring to. I believe that it goes to the EGR, but I maybe wrong, but in any case I need to know where it starts from. If you look closely at the pic it looks like it starts somewhere near by the back of the alternator and goes into the lower intake, but I can't tell exactly where it starts.

93 Cobra R engine (Prez1967)

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
That hose goes down to the charcoal canister located on the passenger frame rail. Its a vaccum line with a elect. solenoid in line. On a GT/LX 5.0 this line runs from under the driver's side of the intake over to the charcoal canister.... they moved it over on the '93 Cobra intake "throat" for some reason.

unibager

Established Member
cheapertokeephe said:
Where does the hose start from that is used to heat the EGR? I know on regular GT/LXs it starts from the heater tube assembly and goes to the tube that sticks out from the upper manifold and heats the EGR. The original owner of my Cobra took off the hose and plugged it on the manifold, but I can't find where it starts. None of my shop manuals show where is starts on a Cobra :shrug: . Thanks for the help.

David

I agree completely. There is no coolant lines thyat run to the Cobra manifold, furthermore, the coolant line that run to the EGR plate of other mustangs is not too heat the EGR, but too cool. Stay with me here, EGR= exhaust gas recirculation, and the exhaust temp is lets say the temp of the exhaust is 350. The coolant is maintained at 190 ish. Sorry, dont mean too tell anyone like i'm their dad or something, I just thought you guys might want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread