help with injectors please

CrazyPerson

Established Member
so i just did a motor swap on a 90 mustang 5.0. i've done about 8-10 motor swaps and have never had this problem. for some reason the injectors wont squirt when engine is being cranked over. any ideas? i've checked everything including the ground on the bellhousing. all of it >< im stumped. the fuel pressure is there just no injectors squirting!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sounds like the relay is bad... on a 90 model there is a brown relay on top of the ECM in the kick panel.

Also ckeck the 10 pin connectors good to make sure they are fully seated.

Did you do a 4cyl to V8 swap or just swap 5.0 for another 5.0?

CrazyPerson

Established Member
just put in new relay, that wasnt it. i just dont understand everything is there. the fuel pressure i have spark/air. the fuel pressure is at 30-40 like its supposed to be, but the injectors just arent squirting.

red95gts

Established Member
If the fuel pump comes on, the EEC power relay is working.

Do you have 12V to each one of the red wires on the injector plugs with the key in the "on" position? If you do....

The distributor hall effect sensor triggers when the distributor turns. It sends that signal through the TFI module, and to the EEC as Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP). The PIP signal is what tells the EEC to pulse the injector grounds to make the injectors open. If you do not have PIP, you will never have fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread