Help with M90 & M112 chargers

kevinb

Hey guys, im a newbie but am coming to the ford guys for help. I want to custom fab an eaton blower onto my lt1 camaro. I have not see it done before but i have been working with some people and looks like this is very feasable.

My biggest problems are decideding between an M90 and M112 blower. The application is a 94 lt1/a4 with long tubes, hot cam kit, bolt ons, etc. Im leaning towards the M112 but i know Saleen uses the M90 on their cars so really confuses me.

The next problem is dimensions. I can not find dimensions of the blower discharge plate anywhere. Overall dimensions would also be extremely helpfull.

And finally, where is a good place to get a used/cheap rebuilt ford m112/m90 unit? I would also be i need of a 03 cobra intake setup as well minus the throttle body.

Any help you guys can provide or point me to would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

FearblueR1

Established Member
Honestly the M90 is really for smaller displacement motors. I had a m90 on my grandprix from the factory. If it was a 6 cylinder than I might consider it.

The M112 would be the way to go. But if I was going to be putting that kind of money into a roots type setup, I would skip the eaton and go with a Kenne Bell (auto-rotor screw type) or the works blower ( lysolm blower)

Both have good track history in reliability and the screw type is allot more effecient. You won't get as much heat soak as the eaton. Plus the eaton is rated for 16,000 rpms. Which puts you typically no more than 13 - 14 lbs of boost max!!!. Spinning it any faster and eaton won't guarantee anything for realiablity.

The Kenne Bell and Works blowers can handle 20+ lbs of boost.

Then Kenne bell is like 130 cu in. displacement if I'm not mistaken and the works makes one that is 140 cu. in.

Both companies are working hard to bring them to the 281 ci ford 4v motor. They should work great in your application also. I would check with them first!!! Don't forget to intercool that blower too!!!:beer:

IMPORTDESTROYER

Established Member
Check out the Eaton website, really good technical info. http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/superchargers.html I would recomend the M-90, mainly because you could retrofit the intercooler on to it. Grab like a 94-95 M-90(off of a T-Bird SC). Also because these blowers are used and abused so much by the T-Bird guys, theres TONs of good info, on www.sccoa.com Oh yeah, one other thing, if you go with the M-90, you can also score a bunch of performance stuff for it too from http://www.magnumpowers.com :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread