help with MIL questions????

aaron427

Established Member
I recently purchased a 99 cobra, and it has an offroad x-pipe on it. My question is why is not throwing the MIL light? I bought a predator and I don't want to mess with it until I know for sure it has the stock program in the computer. Is there any way to tell? How can you tell if it has been reflashed?
thanks for any help you can offer.

NXSVTCOBRA

there is a possibility that it has MIL eliminators, look under your car and trace what your o2 sensors are plugged into.....

a way to tell if there is or has been a chip on the car is to pull the computer and remover the little plastic cover and see if the area where you slide the chip on has been stripped of the protective coating

aaron427

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
there is a possibility that it has MIL eliminators, look under your car and trace what your o2 sensors are plugged into.....

a way to tell if there is or has been a chip on the car is to pull the computer and remover the little plastic cover and see if the area where you slide the chip on has been stripped of the protective coating
I asked about the MIL eliminators, and supposedly no. I will look under there and see, and I guess i will pull the computer. I hate pulling those. They never seem to go back in the way they came out. LOL.

aaron427

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
sometimes it may just be better to look for yourself rather than to rely on someone else's word :thumbsup:
My brother has it on the lift right now at work, and he has never messed with the MIL eliminators. He says it looks like the rear o2's have been spliced? How does the MIL's hook up? any pics of an install? We have always had 5.0's where this isn't an issue. My first 4valve motor. thanks for your help.

NXSVTCOBRA

i personally dont have any pix of the MIL's installed, but they should just look like an extension pretty much, just plugged in between the sensor plug and the connector itself

if its spliced, maybe it was a rig from the previous owner? :shrug: homemade MIL's

aaron427

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
i personally dont have any pix of the MIL's installed, but they should just look like an extension pretty much, just plugged in between the sensor plug and the connector itself

if its spliced, maybe it was a rig from the previous owner? :shrug: homemade MIL's
could be. I found a site with a rigged up MIL. I hate lazy people that do a half ass job. Ok I will call him and let him know. Also he found while going over the car my ac hasn't worked so he is just now getting to look at it. He says it is puking something out of the side of the compressor. Looks like there is something missing? Any ideas? Almost looks like a green looking oil.
Thanks for your help so far.

aaron427

Established Member
I will try to get some. Maybe he can get one with his phone. He know cars very well, but he can't remember what it looks like. We will have to look at another car to see I guess. He said it isn't coolant.

AzDropTop

Established Member
THere are 2 types of MIL's, the kind that you splice in and the plug in type. Both work the same from what I understand.

aaron427

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
Condensed freon leak maybe?
It is a hole that looks like where a fitting goes? He thinks it is compressor oil that is leaking out. Replace the whole thing? Or find the correct fitting and see if it works?

aaron427

Established Member
AzDropTop said:
THere are 2 types of MIL's, the kind that you splice in and the plug in type. Both work the same from what I understand.
I think it is MIL's. Come to find out I tried to plug the predator in and it wouldn't upload the stock tune? Which means it has a chip, or computer has been reflashed. So who knows. I guess I will just start with one thing and go from there. People are so lazy. Do it right the first time......... :cuss:
thanks for the help so far.

Users who are viewing this thread