Help with mods and A/F ratio

NEVR L8

Established Member
Got the dyno done today. I have borla stingers and K&N FIPK. I also have done a search and found some info but would like a little more please.The cobra made 409hp and 387tq sae. I am worried about the a/f ratio. When the rpm's are between 3700 and 4700 my A/F is 13.1/13.0. From 4700 to 5600 it makes a steady drop from 13.0 to 11.9 then keeps droping off the chart rich. I just want to make sure the car is not too lean in the mid range. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :shrug:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Welcome to SVT Performance and nice numbers for the mods you have.
Your A/F sounds about right, it will drop dramatically when you nail it right around that rpm. You just want to stay at 12.0 or under through the whole run.
Can you post up your dyno sheet, it will give everyone a good idea of what's doing.

Hec

Here is mine for reference, see how flat the A/F stays? That's what you want to shoot for
dynosheet483hprs5gm.jpg

NEVR L8

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out how to post the picture. Will get is posted ASAP.

Les

NEVR L8

Established Member
My Posting Rules says it does not allow attachments. As soon as i figure out what the problem is, I'll post the picture. :shrug:

x14

Established Member
NEVR L8 said:
My Posting Rules says it does not allow attachments. As soon as i figure out what the problem is, I'll post the picture. :shrug:

You have to host the pics somewhere else and post a link to it.

In regards to you a/f, you want to be at 12 or slightly below. You can fix your a/f with a cutom tune.

NEVR L8

Established Member
GETTEUP said:
Welcome to SVT Performance and nice numbers for the mods you have.
Your A/F sounds about right, it will drop dramatically when you nail it right around that rpm. You just want to stay at 12.0 or under through the whole run.
Can you post up your dyno sheet, it will give everyone a good idea of what's doing.

Hec

Sorry, I finally got it. Any input would be appreciated!

Les

807991_1.jpg

NEVR L8

Established Member
I cant get the picture any bigger, sorry I'm new to this. My main concern is that I dont want to blow it up. I plan on getting it tuned, but it may be a while. Its hard to tell by the picture but it doesn't get below 12.0 until 4750rpm. Is this ok with my 409hp and 387tq? I know you guys with bigger numbers and more boost like to run a/f at around 11.5 to 12.0, but isthis ok with my set up?(K&N FIPK and Borla Stingers).

PoisonSnake

Banned
What does it mean if the A/F is over 12? (yes means you need a custom tune) but what happens if you don't like being over 12 what happens

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
I am interested in this as well and for this reason I am hesitant to install my FIPK. I have also heard people re-drilling the FIPK so that the MAF is in the stock position to avoid leaning the car out. I do not want to custom tune in order to save my warranty.

NEVR L8

Established Member
Thanks DR. Woo 2000. Maf stands for (mass air flow), its a sensor right after the air filter that reads the air coming in to the engine. I hope this answer helps neurotoxic rf.

PoisonSnake

Banned
Yes, it's safe but for some reason a lot of the 2004 Cobras have a "stall" after getting it installed. I'm not sure about the 2003 Cobras, though... I haven't had a problem thus far in my '03.

NEVR L8

Established Member
Ive had the FIPK on for 4 days now and no problems yet. I have drove the car in stop and go traffic and on the highway without incident. The only problem I have is I keep hearing this jet taking off every time I mash the gas! :burnout:

1SVT2NV

Established Member
I installed the FIPK and my car stalled twice. I have a 2003 10th anniv. and it never stalled before the installation. I even got the ECU flashed with the latest update at the dealer after the install which was supposed to stop the stalling but it didnt work. I just took off my FIPK today and probably am going with an intake that doesnt mess with the position of the MAF. I too want to keep my warranty and dont want to worry about my A/F mixture. While we are on the subject....anyone want to buy a FIPK with about 100 miles on it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread