Help with oil pressure

zeener96

Established Member
My oil pressure guage is doing wierd stuff.....I think the sender is crapping out. COuld someone with a service manual send me a scan of the circuit diagram for the sender and guage?

Thanks!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Before I did anything else, I would throw a master gauge on that thing and make sure it is the gauge and not something in the engine.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
If you're talking about the stock gauge, I have some bad news for you, it's really an "Idiot Light" carefully disguised as a gauge. You'd be better off getting an aftermarket gauge and sender.

If you're talking about an afterarket gauge, the service manual isn't going to help much because it isn't in there.

zeener96

Established Member
Its the stock guage...and I know its an idiot light...But I want to know what is going on with it.

Doesn't someone out there have a service manual?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
yeah but why should we be punished because you wont spend the money?

you can get one from http://www.helminc.com/

start by grounding the sending unit and see if the gauge responds. you could also ask the pcm with a predator or other obd2 scanner what the oil pressure is. that will at least isolate the sending unit.

its the white with red tracer wire from the sending unit to the instrument cluster.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread