help with removing reflector housing

jj6077

Established Member
Hey guys, I looking online for a good hour and half trying to figure out how to take off the reflector housing from the headlight. I could really use some help lol

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
why do you need to remove it? i did my retrofit without taking it out at all.

from what i have read you just need to pull like hell to get it out. i started to but when it didnt pop out easily i let it be

jj6077

Established Member
lolll noooo already done and painted. i could still use your help since you have done this already. I am confused what to do with the wire that comes out of the projector, and also how did you get your projector straight with that bump at the bottom part of the hole in the reflector housing?

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
the small gauge wire is the shield that creates the high beam/ low beam with that projector. i used a dremel to grind that bump off completely.

you should be able to see that wire in the pic below. i drilled a small hole just under the factory hole that the bulb mounted in to run the wires through. it should connect to teh wiring harness that came with the kit

IMAG0337.jpg

jj6077

Established Member
yeah thats basically what i did. I just sat and stared for a while before actually started grinding lol.

Users who are viewing this thread