Help with Scangauge II

jcthorne

Established Member
Installing a Scangauge II in the GT500 this weekend. Fits perfectly between the tach and speedo just below the dash brow. Anyway, would like to know if anyone else is using one on a GT500 or even just a late model Mustang as I would like the xgauge codes for some additional items that are not stock on the scangauge.

Would like to display IAT2, A/F ratio at least and would like to know any other interesting data the scangauge can display.

Pretty neat device, I've actually had one in out motorhome for a little over a year when I got to wondering if it would fit in the GT500 gauge cluster and it does, exactly.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
Would like to display IAT2, A/F ratio at least and would like to know any other interesting data the scangauge can display.

You can't get the A/F through the OBD II port on a 2007. Gotta have a 2011+.

An AeroForce Gauge reads more parameters right out of the box, and you can add an A/F sensor to it.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com

Last edited:

jcthorne

Established Member
You can't get the A/F through the OBD II port on a 2007. Gotta have a 2011+.

An AeroForce Gauge reads more parameters right out of the box, and you can add an A/F sensor to it.

Aeroforce Technology Inc | Welcome

I looked at the aeroforce gauge but did not want to install a gauge pod, and it only displays two values at a time. Already own one SGII, and its less than half the price. The scan gauge displays four data points, DTCs and OBDII test readyness. User configurable mycolor lighting. Looking through the list of parameters, they appear about the same. Besides, the SGII can display ANY value available on the data bus if you have the address and works on all OBDII cars. When I get the address for the IAT2 from linear logic I'll post back for others to use. If A/F is not available on an 07, then O2 sensor values are and thats just as good really, the sensors are only accurate at the crossover point. Differnt strokes...

Last edited:

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
Last time I talked to them they had no idea what IAT2 or Charge Air Temperature was. I guess they have better info now (or a more knowledgable tech). But that lost them a sale. They also have some better instructions now. However, it's not half the price. More like 70%. (I know. Picky,picky.)

jcthorne

Established Member
Last time I talked to them they had no idea what IAT2 or Charge Air Temperature was. I guess they have better info now (or a more knowledgable tech). But that lost them a sale. They also have some better instructions now. However, it's not half the price. More like 70%. (I know. Picky,picky.)

The Aeroforce 2 display unit shows as $399. The scangauge II sells for $142 at amazon with free shipping, looks like MUCH less that half the price.

I have found codes for quite a number of PIDs over the weekend just by searching and reading other forums. Cylinder head temp, fuel rail temp and pressure, BAP, fuel pump duty cycle. But still not found IAT2. Linear Logic is working on that and O2 volts. If anyone knows the PID addresses for those in the GT500, LL can convert that to xgauge codes for me.

I'll report back the codes when I find them in case anyone else needs them.

Last edited:

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
The Aeroforce 2 display unit shows as $399. The scangauge II sells for $142 at amazon with free shipping, looks like MUCH less that half the price.

I looked at the price for a single unit. For two, which you would need for four simultaneous displays, you are correct.

If you get O2 volts, it's going to be narrow band I believe.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I they could've come up with IAT2 at the time, I was going to buy one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread