Help with SCT tuner

Zincvert03

Banana Rocket
Established Member
Hey guys. I recently installed my 2.76 upper, wide band, and mail order tune. Currently my A/F monitor says I'm at 10.2-10.8 at WOT. I have an SCT Xcal2 and I heard I can lean it out a little bit but after messing with the software I can't figure it out. Any help is much appreciated.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Go into the custom tune on the SCT, scroll through the options until you come to WOT fuel. You can add or remove fuel in 2% increments. Make your changes. Reload the tune onto the car. I have the same basic mods. I had to add 2% to change the A/F from 12 to 11.7. Who did the tune? Might want to call them first.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
There's actually two possible ways to do this:

1) As described above, while your XcalII is plugged into your OBD port, you can adjust this and several other parameters, IF your tuner has enabled you to do so.

2) Using SCT's Extreme Tune software available free from their website, you can adjust several tuning paramters right on your computer, IF you have your tune in xtr. format on your computer. Your tuner should be happy to send you this via e-mail if you don't already have it. You can actually adjust A/F in 1% increments through Extreme Tune and then just download it into your Xcal II so that you can subsequently download it into your Cobra's computer.

Users who are viewing this thread