Help with setting TPS voltage!

rcaldwell00

Established Member
My TPS voltage keeps creeping up on me and thus so does my idle with the B/F throttlebody. I set it at .98, lock it down and reboot the computer and the car idles great for a day. Then the idle creeps up closer to 950 or so I recheck the TPS and it's back to 1.00 or 1.01. So reset, try again and the damn thing keeps doing it. Any suggestions on keeping the voltage low? I know the screws are tight and it's not moving, but that thing keeps screwing me up.

RC

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
the spring on the Billet Flow inst strong enough to close the blade. u need to mock up a spring to keep the blade closed.

u might want to make sure ur TPS bolts are on tight enough. a little movement means that the voltage will change from ur settings, may it be a few thousands or even a tenth.

Last edited:

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
the spring on the Billet Flow inst strong enough to close the blade.

I thought that was the Accufab? I never heard that about the BF TB.

You can back it down to .97 or even .95 and see if that cures it. Dougwg was helpful when I had a problem with my TB. If that doesnt work try PMing him.

Are you checking it after tightening it down and the car is at running temp?

rcaldwell00

Established Member
Yep, I'm rechecking it after I tighten down, I haven't been able to get it to go much lower than .97 and once I tighten the bolts it ends up around .98-.99 the problem is a day later it's back over 1.00 again and the idle drifts with it. I am also checking it at operating temp. Can you set the adjustment while the car is running? I know doug says not to, just wondering..arghh idle

RC

Users who are viewing this thread