Help with stripped bolt

BlownReptile

Established Member
So I stripped a bolt connecting the midpipe to the header. Of course, its the f@#*er on the passenger side. I cant seem to find a deep socket bolt extractor to save my life. And I don't think theres any way I would be able to use one of those bolt extractor sets for drills on this one either. Any reccommendations?

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
pull the motor and buy longtubes while your at it, ok not really, maybe you can fit a smaller dremel up in there and cut a straight line in the bolt then take it out with a screwdriver :shrug:

Z0 What?

Established Member
So I stripped a bolt connecting the midpipe to the header. Of course, its the f@#*er on the passenger side. I cant seem to find a deep socket bolt extractor to save my life. And I don't think theres any way I would be able to use one of those bolt extractor sets for drills on this one either. Any reccommendations?

Is that you clay?

BlownReptile

Established Member
Yeah Austin its me. My cousin stripped this bolt awhile back and I just cannot seem to get it. Right now Im handfitting a bolt extractor socket up there and then trying to slide a larger socket over the extractor. I think it might work, but its a serious bitch. Im going back out there after I get some feeling back in my arm:bash:

BlownReptile

Established Member
About the dremel...its a good idea, but I dont think Ill be able to fit my dremel up there. I have the small one too...

BBCOBRA

Established Member
well if worst comes to worst, you coule always remove the manifold and take it out. Or, take it to a machine shop and let them take it out. Just go slow and be carful not to strip one of the manifild bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread