Help with Suspesion setup

Taz1617

Established Member
I am looking for a street/strip set up. I go to the stip about 3 times a year and I mainly just cruise in the car. I am just sick of the stock stuff bouncing everywhere when I am at the track.

I know I need new springs, new control arms, some new bushings(which ones?) , sub frame connectors

Are there any kits anyone can recommend?

Should I get a new tubular k-member. I want the car to be tight when driving it.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Budget is around 1k.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
I would say depending on what you what your ride hight to be i say h&r springs with new poly isolaters and tokoico 5ways so you can change them for the track but set them for the street as you want. And mm full lenght sub frames and maybe someone else will recomend what brand of control arms i would look at steeda or mm website. but you might have to save a little more then a g for this set up. I wouldnt worry about a k member yet :beer:

Taz1617

Established Member
Thanks for the help. All options will be considered, I just need a list of things so i can start pricing, and make sure everything works well together.

Let me know everything I should replace.

Endlinks?
Sway Bars?

Budget is just over 1K ar 1.4K.

Taz1617

Established Member
Here is what I am going to end up getting on my current budget. In the future I am going to get a tubular K-Member.

1x MMCC9994 MM CC Plates 94-04
1x COP-2 MM Front Coil-Overs
1x TOK5PAK9404 Tokico 5-Way Package
1x 51650-88.R H&R Rear Race Springs
1x MM Rear Spring Isolators
1x MMRLCA-2 MM Rear Lower Arms Adjustable

I can't wait to order all of this and get to installing it.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Here's what I got so far:
Steeda chromemolly subframes $129
Steeda cross braces $30
Steeda aluminum rear lower control arms $249
Tokico springs w/Illumin shocks & struts $560

That's about a grand for ya!

torchred2000gt

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken, he did say street/STRIP. A 2 inch drop is going to hurt 60 ft times pretty bad. You're giving him stuff for handling and I'm not sure that's what he's asking for. Maybe I'll just leave it alone, he's probably wanting better handling stuff anyways.
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread