Help with temperature and boost guages

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
So I'm trying to install an after market temperature and boost guages. The boost guage is already hooked up, just need advice on where to go through the firewall and where to route the lines inside to get to the a pillar.

The temp guage is a little more difficult it seems. Where do I hook it up? I was thinking the coolat cross over would work. I could take out one of the sensors thats there and replace it with the temp guage sensor. But which one? Driver side or passenger side? Is this even a good place?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I cut a small slit in the driver's side wiring grommet and ran the boost line up to my cluster bezel-mounted gauge.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thats a huge help! Thanks for posting this! I'm still wondering if its ok to hook up in the coolant cross over. My factory temp dummy guage doesnt work anymore so if I swap places with the factory temp sensor its ok.

You`ll be fine,some guys buy the fitting that goes in the crossover plug to run their temp gauge.Not much difference from the stock temp location to the block.These pics are from a little test i did a while back when we were discussing the difference in temps from the sending unit in the block vs. the crossover/factory sending unit location.As you can see,not much difference.BTW,mine is in the block.
008-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread