Help with ticket!!

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
Last week was finals for me and I got done on wednesday and I stayed and left on thursday. I got out of town at about 9:30. I was driving my dads pickup loaded with all my junk.

I had just passed a pickup, about an hour after I left, and came up on a dodge pulling a horse trailer. I got behind him just as I crested a hill and it was a no passing zone all the way to the bottom since there was a turn off. I followed him all the way(he was going about 25-30 in a 70 MPH zone) He then started slowing down even more as the guy I just passed was coming up on me VERY fast. I doubt he could have judged our speed with any accuracy. So the guy with the trailer puts on his blinker finally and I punch the gas because the guy was about to hit me.

Now bear with me, I consider myself a safe driver. My dad owns a trucking company and I have tried to keep my liscense clean so I always obey the traffic laws.

As he pulled off to the side I went around him and crossed the lines some. I know I shouldn't have but I was freaked out about the guy behind me doing 70 and I was doing 20. Iwent by the guy as he turned and there was a highway patrol sitting on the other side of some trees. Right after the turn is a row of thick trees and then a pull out for a new bridge, under construction. The guy behind me did the same thing as me only he crossed much farther into the opposit lane.

After he pulled me over I thought about what the officer seen. He couldv've only seen me come from behind the trees before the guy with the trailer made the turn. Since his view was blocked. He was standing out of his car talking to some guy that was fishing or something.

I definetly do not feel I put anyone in danger because I could see for miles in both directions, and the guy in front of me was almost completly pulled over the white line with his blinker on. But I know you should never cross the double yellow lines.

My question is, should i try and get the ticket reduced some how? And how? Can I go to trafic school to get the points off my license? I have to appear by the 27th and it will be about a 4 hour drive one way to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread