Help with turbo

cyclegrip

Established Member
So I miraculously broke a pte7675 the same time my engine started knocking

They are offering me a deal for a new replacement even though my turbo is under a year old with like 1700 miles

I'm getting an aluminator block with Manley pistons and I beams that will handle 1500hp

So I'm thinking about getting that new pte and selling it and going with a few different options
They told me it flows 120lb/min today

I was looking at a batmowheel 76mm

Or maybe jumping up to an s480 but I would like to start with a t4 foot

Any other suggestions that flow about that same rate?

s351

Established Member
Your not going to really find a better 76mm turbo then the precision. Cheaper maybe but you always have to consider spool time and things like that.

So if your going to buy another pte7675, why would you sell it to put on a crappier turbo? So unless you were going to a bigger turbo it makes no sense.

And lastly if your still running a stick, and not an auto, you shouldn't really go bigger than a 76mm or you will be waiting till Christmas to spool.

s351

Established Member
I would like you to try that 76mm batmowheel just so I can see if it makes anymore power than the precision I have on now.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I would look at the billet s480 or 76 from Jose and Forced inductions. They make insane power, and you can get the S480 in T4 but it will take up a lot more room than a PTE7675. An aluminator with off the shelf manley's will not support 1500hp.

cyclegrip

Established Member
Mmr2500 pistons and Manley I beams, mod max rings and clevite bearings. It also has ported heads that flow 303 cfm and forward facing cg fab with 4" downpipe so spool times are faster than a lot of set ups here

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Mmr2500 pistons and Manley I beams, mod max rings and clevite bearings. It also has ported heads that flow 303 cfm and forward facing cg fab with 4" downpipe so spool times are faster than a lot of set ups here
Compression cams and intake choice will play a large part in spool/off boost performance. A larger downpipe helps. If you are an auto no reason to stay small as a properly stalled auto will spool no problem. If you are a stick make sure you spend a lot of time working on a combo that won't be a complete dog off boost, removes all the fun. (I know from experience even with my 4" down pipe)

cyclegrip

Established Member
9.5:1 comp and ported 01 intake with spacer
It is still 6 speed also
I just have a sour taste from precision and the batmowheel is supposed to be great

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
9.5:1 comp and ported 01 intake with spacer
It is still 6 speed also
I just have a sour taste from precision and the batmowheel is supposed to be great
I am with you on the precision, my 76/75 kept killing seals and their customer service was less than stellar. The batmo is a great wheel, but do some research on the ETR-HO, I think you will be surprised by it's performance and it's price.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Make sure the wrist pins are tool steel, if you will be over 850 at the tire.

s351

Established Member
Just a heads up, you should check the diesel forms about the batmowheel, the reviews aren't good, all hype no results.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Your not going to really find a better 76mm turbo then the precision. Cheaper maybe but you always have to consider spool time and things like that.

So if your going to buy another pte7675, why would you sell it to put on a crappier turbo? So unless you were going to a bigger turbo it makes no sense.

And lastly if your still running a stick, and not an auto, you shouldn't really go bigger than a 76mm or you will be waiting till Christmas to spool.

Crappier turbo? The s480 will outlast the precision anyday of the week.and for half the price.

s351

Established Member
Crappier turbo? The s480 will outlast the precision anyday of the week.and for half the price.

My post clearly states unless your going bigger why would you buy another precision and then sell it for a lesser turbo. An s480 is clearly bigger than a pte7675.

So If he puts another 76mm on that's not a precision unit and makes less power and spools slower, in my eyes that would = crappier

s351

Established Member
Also, he's getting the precision for 1700 an s480 is 1300, he has a 6 speed, maybe if he was an auto the s480 becomes an option.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
I'd stick with the precision. If your engine was knocking there was probably shit in the oil that caused the turbo to fail.

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I'd stick with the precision. If your engine was knocking there was probably shit in the oil that caused the turbo to fail.

The ETR-HO is a significantly better turbo. The precision turbos are like iPhones. Sure they work but Androids are just as good but every Apple phone boy has to tell you to go with their product.

s351

Established Member
Or the fact that they are proven to work. I don't care if he puts an ebay special on his car. My car works and works well. You clearly like bw, congrats to you.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Or the fact that they are proven to work. I don't care if he puts an ebay special on his car. My car works and works well. You clearly like bw, congrats to you.
I ran a precision turbo, I had it fail three times. It made good power but no more than other turbos can make. The point being that precision costs MORE and is not any better than a BW turbo. Not to mention that BW puts out compressor maps unlike precision. Precision's customer service is also very hit or miss. Both perform well but the 76/75 CEA is not the end all be all turbo like this forum says it is. It is a good turbo however, so please remove the bunch in your underpants.

s351

Established Member
I agree it's not the be all end all turbo, but for a stick car turbo cobra it's a great choice. I have pretty much the same setup as this guy has. As I said earlier I want to see how the 76mm batmowheel performs, on a turbo cobra.

It gives me another option, if it performs close enough to what the precision on my car does its worth the switch just money wise if the turbo takes a shit.

I daily my car, put close to 10k on it this year and the 7675 been great. I'm always looking for something better.

Users who are viewing this thread