Help with upper pulley size 2.3 TVS

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
So my TVS will be going on here in the next week or so. Im kind of unsure about the pulley setup I have for it. Currently the TVS has a 2.8 upper and will be ran with the current 4lb lower thats on the car now. Ive heard alot of people have had issues with belt slip with this combo, Im thinking about picking up another pulley, was wondering what you guys think is best.

3.0 or 3.2?

The car will have ID1000 injectors, a level 3 fore return system and E85 for fuel. Was shooting for upper 600s-700 at the wheels.

Thanks

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
So my TVS will be going on here in the next week or so. Im kind of unsure about the pulley setup I have for it. Currently the TVS has a 2.8 upper and will be ran with the current 4lb lower thats on the car now. Ive heard alot of people have had issues with belt slip with this combo, Im thinking about picking up another pulley, was wondering what you guys think is best.

3.0 or 3.2?

The car will have ID1000 injectors, a level 3 fore return system and E85 for fuel. Was shooting for upper 600s-700 at the wheels.

Thanks

A 2.8/4lb your boost will be about 24lbs.
With a good tune you should be in the mid 700s easy.
Belt slip shouldn't be a problem with the proper belt and auxiliary idler.

BADREAM03

Established Member
A 2.8/4lb your boost will be about 24lbs.
With a good tune you should be in the mid 700s easy.
Belt slip shouldn't be a problem with the proper belt and auxiliary idler.

I've sent u a message (visitor message) if you'd kindly take time to share a small word of advice. Thank you for your time! (I'm not super up to date with the forum here on how to use it but learning)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Most of us run the 3.0/4lb combo, nets in the 700s on e85

That's what I'd run if no had a lower.

Op I'd suggest not going over 23 psi unless you use studs in your heads. Some have been fine and others have not.

Edit, nice a year old thread......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread