Help with Xbox 360

Blkdvl

Founding Fathers
Established Member
I was given a hand-me-down 360 and I'm trying to connect to xbox live. I was under the impression I could run a network cable from the 360 to my computer to get internet for xbox live.....am I wrong? Please help, I can't figure it out which is making me drink, which is making it even more difficult to diagnose

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Plug the XBOX to whatever the PC is plugged into - that should be enough to get the connection.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I thought you could configure your computer to act as a "bridge" to your router? I tried it once but couldn't get it to work.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I thought you could configure your computer to act as a "bridge" to your router? I tried it once but couldn't get it to work.

He can, but there will be some extra latency since the PC is acting like a hub.

Highlight both the wireless adapter and LAN adapter and right-click. Choose "Bridge connections"

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you need to hook up the XBOX to the Router or Modem, not the PC.

WRONG.

you can also connect the 360 through your PC and onto live if you have two ethernet ports on your PC.

The 360 site shows exactly how to do it, i had mine setup this way in my room, i think you just plug the 360 into your pc's second ethernet port, setup a few things on each end, and done. Also a good time to setup your 360 as a WMC extender.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBOnPB1jMU"]YouTube - Connecting The Xbox 360 To Xbox Live Through Laptop or Computer (Vista)[/nomedia]

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
and unless your PC is old and decrepid, it shouldnt have any more latency using the PC as your bridge as using a stand-alone bridge. Now if youre trying to download some torrents to your PC and hop on live and expecting anything less than lag city, then you have something else coming.

I was always connecting to the under 80ms ping servers on COD:MW2.

Users who are viewing this thread