Help with XBOX

sjsfiveo

Established Member
I,m going to to ask for an xbox for the holidays and need some help this will be my 1st video game every never got into them, now i think i want one. Im asking for the older xbox not the 360 because if i don't play it not a ton of money wasted. I would like a good war game what are some that you like that a new person would be able to play without it being so hard that it would turn me off. I would like a halo game should i get halo 1 or halo 2? Any other help or idea's would be great thanks.

Steve

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
Get Halo 1 and 2. Halo 1 is 19.95, or it was when I purchased it. Halo 2 is 29.95. Ghost Recon is a good series of "war" games.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
If you love cars..then get Forza. Great game! If you love sniping, get Sniper Elite. You'll love it.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Big fan of the medal of honor line. Actually in the middle of playing Medal of honor "european assault". I seriously thought about buying an XBOX 360 just for call of duty tho.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I also vote for both Halo's. Playing them in order will make sure you get to follow the whole story to ;). Neither game is very hard(unless you play on legendary, then the first level in Halo2 is a major bioch). The controls take a little getting used to, but you'll love them once you do.

If you like racing games, the burnout series is fun.

03Cobra_hopeful

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ?
Established Member
I am a big fan of Project Gotham Racing 2. :)
Play it online all the time.

Lots of fast cars.
You can test drive any one of them.
You don't have to work your way up from a Miata/Mini such as with GT3 for PS2.
But it's a good idea to at least try and complete some races.

EATONURLS1

Established Member
Since I run a video game store I can recommend you some good titles and what not. Like everyone said theres the Ghost Recon Series, anything by Tom Clancy cant be bad. Now if you want Halo 1 or 2 why not just get the box set of Halo 1,2 and the Map Expansion Pack. I cant remember the exact price. Also, you can kill 2 birds with one stone and get the Xbox Bundle that comes with Forza Motorsports(full game) and 2 free months of Xbox live for 149.99(it may vary on where you go) Well if i can be of any more help to any of you guys about anything Video Game related just let me know.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
do you have a PS2? Coz if not you should ask for one of those, then get Battlefield 2 Modern Combat. But if you insist on an xbox, Halo 2 over Halo 1, Battlefield 2 or Socom if you're into war games.

Users who are viewing this thread