Help!

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
I seem to be having a problem with my SVTF, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. I could REALLY use some assistance here as I'm getting really concerned.
Here's the deal, for about 2 weeks now, my SVTF has been running sort of sluggishly, just doesn't seem to have the same get-up-and-go. It's not slow or anything, it's just like the response seems off. Secondly my gas mileage has been terrible, around 18 mpg. During idle, the engine is rough, sort of feeling like it's going to die, but then it seems to even out again. At low RPM's the car seems to be a bit jerky, like it's losing power, but at higher RPM's it seems ok, albeit a bit sluggish still.
This sort of reminds me when my coil pack went out on the car, but both times that happened I didn't have the gas mileage problem. Could this be another problem with the coil pack? If so, would I be better getting the Screamin' Demon Coil since my car has already cooked 2 stock coil packs?
I'm hesitant to take it to the dealership since there is no check engine light or anything, and I'm not about to pay them to look at the car, tell me nothing is wrong, and then 2 months down the road have to take it in again.

Thanks everyone for their help!!!!!

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
Did you check to see if your modded cam gear may have slipped a bit? I had a problem with loose underdrive pullys, could have loosened up a bit and retarded the cam timing. Just a hunch, good luck anyways

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
Well, just went out and bought the Focus Firepower Ignition. Crossing my fingers that this fixes the problem. I'm also going to go buy a new set of plugs, I've never been very fond of the stock ford plugs. I should know in about a week if it's taken care of.
Still, if anyone has any more advice (thanks sooo much nemitz, i'll check into it) I'd really appreciate it.

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
DSI? I hate to sound stupid, but I'm not sure I know what that is...

Edit:
OK, I am stupid DSI is the Dual Stage Intake...

I've already had the intake manifold changed out once when the celinoid for the dual stage intake went out about a month ago. Man I hope I don't have to get that replaced again :(

Last edited:

Blue Magic

Established Member
Let us know if the new ignition parts worked. If not,sorry to say, but I would have to agree with Primaris.Alot of 02's had problems with the cable & solenoid. I would check that again.

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
Well, the new Screamin' Demon coil, LiveWire wires, and NKG plugs seemed to do the trick. Got everything installed this morning and drove it around for about an hour, didn't notice any stuttering or hesitations or anything. Now let's just hope that I don't have to replace it any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread