help!!

kassman

Established Member
Hold the flaming, but... am I the only clown who can't figure out how to get to the air filter? Got a K&N tonight and want to change it out but despite my tuggin' and pullin' I couldn't get the filter housing off? Is there a trick to this?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Did you remove the screw, I believe it is 8 mm and unclamp the 2 fastners there is one on the top and one on the bottom. Then pull up on the mass air meter and remove the bottom portion of the filter housing.

CobraTone

Established Member
The biggest problem I had was getting the two pieces far enough apart to get the air filter out. I had to pull mine above the intercooler hose, it takes some tugging. Getting the thing clamped back on is actually tougher than unclamping it.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraTone
The biggest problem I had was getting the two pieces far enough apart to get the air filter out. I had to pull mine above the intercooler hose, it takes some tugging. Getting the thing clamped back on is actually tougher than unclamping it.

I would highly recommend loosing that whole box setup and invest in a cai from jdm, sfph, upr.
:beer:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
It is easier if you also disconnect it from the throttle body. I found it almost impossible to do by just unbolting the airbox.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
Did you open the hood? :D
:lol: ehem, sorry.

Release the clamp that holds the front of the airbox. There are plastic fingers that protrude from the airbox into the clamp on the bottom-you can't see it at all until its removed. Remove the snorkel thing while you're there. It's the rubber thing going into the fenderwell. Once you have all that disconnected just push the airbox forward and pull straight up. It'll take some messing with but it should come free. Reverse the install, making sure to position the clamp to mate with the plastic "fingers" in the airbox.

I hope that helped some!

lethal

Established Member
Yeah, so I have issues :p

I kinda wish I had gotten the post in right before CobraTone.

My car should be here soon.... took the audio equipment out of the truck today.... so sad. Anyhow, I'll need this tidbit of info when she's here.

Users who are viewing this thread