Help!!!!!

steelman69

Established Member
Well... I had a little wreck last night.:cuss: I did a 180 and the rear drivers side wheel hit a curb.I'm pretty sure I need a need a whole new rear end because it broke the axel. Where is a good place to get the whole rear? Preferably the cheapest. Thanks.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I would see if it can't be rebuilt. If you say broke the axle. Do you mean the whole housing and the outter parts. Or is it just the axles them selves. If you can rebuild it? I would. I haven't been in GA enough to tell you where to go. So I hope you find someone that can help. Just think faster,and more powerfull. Thats what I do when crap happens.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The cheapest would be a salvage yard. You may find parts on ebay as well though. Any F150 axle from the year model should work. The problem is that the rear end (housing) in an L is unique in that the passenger side shock mount faces forward. I'd guess that all you'd need is a new axle to replace the broken one. Call around to your local driveline shops (4x4 shops) and get some ideas about cost.

steelman69

Established Member
The guy at the shop says I need a new housing and all. I know it cant be too hard to put in, i'm just wondering how much it will cost.

Users who are viewing this thread