Helping a friend mod his '04....

Tequila612

Established Member
Ok well a friend of mine bought a brand new (19 miles) '04 Cobra for his daily driver.

Im not up on the '03+ Cobras (I drive a 1997 CObra) and I am not sure who makes good products or what?

Help me out with this list....

CAI - JLT Cold Air Intake
Catback - Magnaflow
Pulley - not sure which brand?
Tuning - diablo predator
Throttle Body - He wants to get the Acufab one I think

He isn't big on the X pipe sound, does anyone make a o/r H pipe for the '04? Or maybe a high flow H pipe.

Also, when reading on UPR's website it says when replacing the blower pulley you should go ahead and replace all of the other pulleys to help from slipping or something?

What other mods would he need besides CAI, Catback, Pulley, and a tune to make it work? Something about a Gaterback belt or something?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
sounds like you did your homework a little bit. if he wants a quick easy and cheap setup. go with a 2.93 or 2.8 pulley. SFPH makes good ones , so does riechard racing ( amazon racing). if he goes with a sfph , go with the gatorback belt , they sell them. if he goes with rr pulley go with the gates belt. as far as a catback , magnaflow and mac are my favorites. mac is alot deeper which i like. but either way , you cant go wrong. do not waste your money on a catted x or h, you will only gain 5 rwhp from them , its not worth it. i have a mac prochamber and i love it. cai's are pretty much all the same , within 5 rwhp or so . i have a steeda on mine and i love it. do not waste your money on a t/b either , it will give you better throttle response , but barely any power if any at all. and for the price , its def not worth it. as far as the preditor, you could go with that, but i would get a good dyno tune if i were him. its just safer and you know your getting the best out of your car. if he goes with a 2.93 pulley , you wont need an idler ( for belt slip), but if you go with a 2.8 , just to be safe i would get one. i have a 2.75 rr pulley with 1 - 100 mm BF idler with no slip at all. tell your friend congrats and good luck!! :beer:

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Well First off you have a pretty good start for mods so far. Pulley brand I would say go with SFPHQ and get a 100mm aux. idler and you should be good. I have the same setup and exprince no belt slip, and get yourself a 74" gatorback belt. All of this is on their website http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/. Next for tuning go to runninwiththedevil.com and order a predator from james, also Denso IT22's spark plug would be a good investment.
Next is for your mid pipe I would run either a MRT catted h pipe or off road hpipe they sell both at mustangexhaust.com, and I have the catted version and it is pretty loud. i would hold off on the throttle body, until you get a ported apten blower. I recommend Billetflow over the accufab unit, and you could also get all of your pulleys from Doug at billet flow in whatever "bling" color you want.

Tequila612

Established Member
Thanks guys.

I wasn't real sure how to help him out on the subject of the '03+ and he has NO idea about domesitcs...

His weekend car is a 9 second 1000 HP supra and his daily driver was a 03 FX35 but he is in the process of trading it on the Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread