Helping installing front license plate bracket

DeuceSVT

Established Member
Hey, i finally got the bracket in and the instructions dont make any sence. Anyway mind giving me a written walkthough. I drilled 4 6.3mm holes but the 4 bracket screws dont seem to fit.. Thanks!!

-Ted

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
if the holes are to small try making them a little bigger. Make sure you don't go to big though. good luck

ambo

Established Member
ahhh don't do it! I told my body shop that just painted my cobra bumper to NOT drill holes. Well, they did. I have temporary plugs in mine right now but the car is going back in to have the bumper completely redone out of their pocket. Ick! Here are shots of the carnage:

damn2.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

03yellow

Established Member
+1 Mine was free

They just positioned the bracket on the bumper while I held it and they ran a long bit thru it then screwed it down with some longer screws.

dvast8n said:
Run down to the dealer and have them toss it on. Should be a free service that takes them a couple of mins.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
In some states you have to have one on or the cops are going to pull you ass over.
I've been pull over like 5 times for no license plate on the front. I'll just pay the fine, I hate them that much!

ambo

Established Member
newbreed77 said:
In some states you have to have one on or the cops are going to pull you ass over.
I've been pull over like 5 times for no license plate on the front. I'll just pay the fine, I hate them that much!

Just put it in the windshield if you're going to be traveling long distances. That's what I do to avoid state troopers from getting me. Around my town I'm friends with most of the cops so I don't get hassled.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
That doesnt work here in TEXAS! The ****ing DPS WILL **** WITH YOU! So I had to put one on both my wifes stangs :(

Users who are viewing this thread