Hemi Ram or Dakota R/T?

03CobraBro

Established Member
My dad got home from work today and said he rode in his friends Hemi Ram... Dad seemed very impressed... So impressed, infact, dad now thinks the Hemi ram is quicker than my Dakota R/T with its Shaker hood and aftermarket tuned chip... The guys Hemi has 3.92 gears and is supposidly stock other than that.

My question is, which truck do you guys think is actually faster. My trucks good for atleast mid 14's. But dad doesnt seem to think I could beat the guy (which really pisses me off). Single cab Rams run over 5000lbs right? My Dakota weighs in alittle over 4000lbs.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
this is off the top of my head but the HEMI RAM is a lot bigger(heavier) truck, I *THINK* the R/T would be quicker. But I dont know Dodge :)

A

I was going to say, the Hemi does have an extra 100hp and 20 more lbs feet of torque than the R/T has but the Ram also weighs an extra 1000 to 1100lbs.

Based off of what alot of guys get from the shaker setup, is about 20 to 25hp... So, im not sure how much of a difference that would make.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
The weight of the Ram is offset by the horsepower. The Hemi makes quite a bit of torque and has a stronger top end than the 5.9. If the Ram is a standard cab rear wheel drive Hemi with the aluminum 17s and the 3.92, it's probably going to be a close match...especially if the Hemi has passed the break-in point.

Give him a try and find out.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
my dad's friend owns the hemi 2500 ram and we went out in it and its got a bit of power but nothing that satisfied me, your r/t would win stock for stock :)

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by cydewaze
Go pick yourself up a Lightning. It's the only way to be sure ;-)

In good time in good time... Man, 2 SVT's in the garage would deffinatly be better than one :D.

I am glad to here mines still faster than the hemi ram. (naturally though if they drop the hemi in the new gen Dakota then that'll be about it for my R/T) but,
Just baffled me. I think dad just got caught up in the moment, those dodge 5.7's are deffinatly have an awsome sound. Anyway its been awhile since he's rode in my truck, he probably forgets what it feels like.

Users who are viewing this thread