Hemi State Trooper Charger vs Sport Bike

Hoon

Established Member
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/MSP_2012VehicleTestBook_Web_PDF_375491_7.pdf

.42 (of a mile) to hit 120mph... had to have taken the trooper 6 weeks to catch up to them. I'm guessing they slowed down thinking he wouldn't be behind them while he was WOT the entire time.

Probably something like that.

Also, I doubt a 600 with a passenger would go over 140. A passenger makes a HUGE difference on a bike. The rider can't tuck properly, and that alone will take 5-10mph off the top speed...then add the added weight and aero restriction of the passenger's body and you're not going to outrun many cars on a flat open highway.

1000s will do 170+ with a passenger.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Maybe they were on dirtbikes? Hemi trooper mobile is at best a 14 second ride. Bad rider on a 600 should be in the 12s. Roll on equals train lengths against mr smokey.

No kidding. Why are we talking about Chargers as if they're Veyrons? They're low 14 second cars on a good day with all the of the cop gear installed. I've never run from a cop and I never will, but I wouldn't live in fear of a cop in a Charger either. They're really not that fast.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
So the trooper risked his life and every one elses on that road to becuase he had a hemi ?
He should be proud.

Wow, you want to question the officer but not the riders of the bike. Sorry, if he would have caused the bikers to wreck and die, it is just a few less idiots to taint the gene pool.

Yes, I have got my car over 140, if I wreck and die due to my stupidity it is a choice I have made and am willing to live with. If I die in a wreck due to an officer giving chase at that speed, again I chose to break the law.

Maybe you feel that because it may endanger peoples lives to go after those who break the laws then we should just let them go and say, "Oh well." In that case, we would let murderers run free, those who use weapons in crimes, etc... What a great society we would have then.

Last edited:

whipplesnake

Established Member
Wow, you want to question the officer but not the riders of the bike. Sorry, if he would have caused the bikers to wreck and die, it is just a few less idiots to taint the gene pool.

Yes, I have got my car over 140, if I wreck and die due to my stupidity it is a choice I have made and am willing to live with. If I die in a wreck due to an officer giving chase at that speed, again I chose to break the law.

Maybe you feel that because it may endanger peoples lives to go after those who break the laws then we should just let them go and say, "Oh well." In that case, we would let murderers run free, those who use weapons in crimes, etc... What a great society we would have then.

What if he crashed into another car on that public road? What about the passengers on the bikes? The troopers actions were reckless.

Vigilante375

Established Member
Yea but the popo is always right no matter what they do remember? But it was late at night, his lights were flashing so IF so dumbass driving his car down the road can't see that and pull the smurf over then he deserves to be hit for no paying attention.

But those Chargers the police use are weighed down with all the fancy do dad's they get plus the barrier between them and the back seat. So that add's probably 400-500 pounds at least. Those poor little 600s had no chance and no where to go. People who run from the law WITH a passenger on the back of their bike are just plain stupid. I'm very surprised they didn't wreck and die even after splitting that raccoon in 2. I've heard stranger things, like about a bike splitting deer in 2.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
What if he crashed into another car on that public road? What about the passengers on the bikes? The troopers actions were reckless.

What if he let the bikers go and they killed somebody? And piss on the passengers, very rarely do you not know what you are getting into when you get on a bike or in a car with somebody. So again, it would have thinned out the herd.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Enough incidents have occurred in my area that they have no pursuit policies. Only a matter of time until a majority go that route.

stang1971

Established Member
haha shitty riders.... there is no way a good rider that was running couldnt outrun that car.. most stock geared 600's will do 165ish... now.. it was VERY stupid to do it with a passenger.... Anytime i had a passenger i always put their life before my own and would NEVER jack around... i dont need/want that on my mind.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
What happened to the 3rd biker and his passenger? Lucked out?

Yeah to date they havent gotten him... he turned out of range of the camera.

Even if both bikes would have gotten away they had their plates on camera, so they still would have gotten them.

Like I said before guys the trooper was told good job but dont do that again.... had there been any traffic I'm sure he would not have chased them.

Im not saying the chargers are super cars... Im saying that you wouldnt be able to pull far enough on one to be out of camera range or eyesight.

Hoon

Established Member
I've heard stranger things, like about a bike splitting deer in 2.

A neighbor of mine hit a horse at 80-90mph. Went right through it. He spent 2 weeks in a coma, very lucky to be alive. The horse obviously wasn't so lucky.

haha shitty riders.... there is no way a good rider that was running couldnt outrun that car.. most stock geared 600's will do 165ish... now.. it was VERY stupid to do it with a passenger.... Anytime i had a passenger i always put their life before my own and would NEVER jack around... i dont need/want that on my mind.

I'd be stunned to see ANY stock 600 do 165mph real speed. The speedo might say that but they're usually 8+% optimistic. My GSXR750 will say 186mph on the speedo but it's only capable of 172 on GPS.

I'd never run with a passenger. Can't imagine how i'd feel if someone i love was hurt or killed by my stupidity.

Im saying that you wouldnt be able to pull far enough on one to be out of camera range or eyesight.

At the end of the day they're just mid 14s cars that handle and stop like yachts. They happen to have more top speed than a 600 with a girl on the back, but with a decent rider they lose those battles the vast majority of the time. Take the first exit, eat some back roads and chill, you're home free.

The one time i was seriously speeding and was caught on a bike it was because i never saw the first cop who clocked me and called me in. The entire town's police force was after me and i didn't even know it. There was a road block (after a blind curve) and many angry police officers involved. It wasn't a party. :nonono:

Enough incidents have occurred in my area that they have no pursuit policies. Only a matter of time until a majority go that route.

Here it's discretion. Some try, some don't bother.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
It doesnt matter if they catch your plate on a dash camera with shit resolution. They cant prove you were operating the vehicle. Im not sure what the trooper's policy on pursuits is but typically it is a no go unless a felony has been committed.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
It doesnt matter if they catch your plate on a dash camera with shit resolution. They cant prove you were operating the vehicle. Im not sure what the trooper's policy on pursuits is but typically it is a no go unless a felony has been committed.

If proving who was operating the bike had anything to do with it, then redlight cameras would be illegal. You cannot prove who was operating a car with redlight cameras yet, people have lost cases fighting them for that reason.

Hoon

Established Member

Here they'll get into a high speed pursuit over a wheelie if you get the wrong cop...while i've had others clock me at 70 over and not even try.

SneakyPete

Banned
Nothing more fun than smoking a 600 on the highway. Those guys think they can't be beat by anything. I love it when I'm driving my 997 Turbo and they pull up next to me and start revving. Anything over 60 mph is game over for the bike. By the time I'm at 160 it's not even a race.

Now the liter-bikes? That's a different story. The Hemi-Charger better be calling a helicopter!

:bs: 60 mph dude? Is your VW Beetle stock? I mean Porsche turbo. ;-) A stock 06+ ANYTHING 600cc sportbike will run low 11's to high 10's @ 125-130mph. Full exhaust, PC and a tune will put some 600's in the mid 10's. Last time I checked, that's deep into 997 TT territory.

OP, your cop buddy is full of garbage. It's not too hard to just roll on the throttle and it's bye bye Charger, hemi or no.

Users who are viewing this thread