Hemi Truck

m8trix00

Established Member
I know this is not a big deal, but its how it happened that makes it good.

I took my friend for a ride on my 03 DSG, I just installed the magnaflow catback not long ago, and he wanted to ride along.

So we are just cruising and this guy in a Hemi Dodge truck pulls up. I dont get into many runs on the street so I didnt think anything of it....

Well he had a loud exhaust, etc etc and his girl in the truck....

so he pulls up next to me rolling around 40ish and revs ..

now I am thinking he must just want to hear the cobra, so I down shifted to second and hit it for a second....

well on our way to the highway he pulls next to me at the light

well I guess he watched too many Dodge Hemi commercials, this guy revs it up and starts making the truck jump foward ...

I told my buddy, this guy is for real, so without making any noise or trying to hard , we take off when the light turns green...

needless to say by the end of second gear he was just an image on my rearview... as my friend waved

like I said, not a great kill, but I think it just made it funny that he had his girl in the truck and he kept pushing...

I only wish I could have pulled next to him again and said... hey is that a hemi in there... made my ride home a little funnier.... :-D

on a lighter note, I saw a (burgundy) or like a blood red cobra with chrome wheels...

that is one beautiful car.... not many of them around :rockon:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Hemi guys are funny... I don't think a majority of them know anything about the motor other than it's a "hemi".....

m8trix00

Established Member
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax. - David Charles Gedraitis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Even though alot of those Hemi guys try to get there trucks to do more than they really do, they are pretty fun trucks to drive compared to the other 2 companies.

hwystr

Established Member
Yep, the hemi guys are crazy. I had a guy revvin at me trying to get me to go for 2miles on the freeway cruisin at 70, finally gave him what he wanted about 8 cars by 4th. A few miles later he starts eggin me on again....wtf. Gas is $2/gallon not wasting any more on a pickem-up-truck - hemi or not.

Users who are viewing this thread