Hemmings Muscle Machines - 2000 R

svt2205

Established Member
Just passsing this along, but the March 07 issue of HMM has a nice write up on Steve Cabral's 00R. HMM always lists a club or 2 in each of these features, for some reason the one's listed are MCA and Team Ford Racing. Wonder why SVTOA or SCOA wasn't referenced?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
svt2205 said:
Just passsing this along, but the March 07 issue of HMM has a nice write up on Steve Cabral's 00R. HMM always lists a club or 2 in each of these features, for some reason the one's listed are MCA and Team Ford Racing. Wonder why SVTOA or SCOA wasn't referenced?

^^^^^^^^^I heard about this 00R feature. Is it 3-4 pages long? The amazing thing is that a magazine like Hemmings Muscle Machines would even feature a 7 year old car this early in its life. They (HMM) lean more toward the older (collectible) specialty/hi-po cars, not something like an 00R which is "late model". The only late model cars I have seen featured in this particular magazine are cars that are "current hype", like the recent feature with a new GT500 and 68 GT500, old vs. new. An 00R being recognized on its own in HMM is a big deal!

Congrats Steve!!

R

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Robert,

I think the great thing about that magazine is that they use the definition of Muscle Car as a point in time definition meaning that a muscle car in 1970 is different than a muscle car in 1980 vs 1990 etc. I think it's a great magazine that covers a VERY diverse group of cars.

Same issue you will find a 1985 Shelby Charger under the first car still own it article and a great article on the Pontiac 2+2 Nascar car from the mid 80's. VERY COOL!

svt2205

Established Member
I too think it's great that HMM looks at the greater picture and offers something from a variety of decades. This type of coverage will keep them alive and kicking for a long time. Unlike most of the other Musclecar rags that have come and gone. How many times do you want to see stories about a 1971 GTO Judge convertible or what ever....

FWIW, check out Hemmings Classic Car if you've got any interests in the earlier days. You'll see some neat early cars and from time to time they'll surprise you with a flashback to the 70's (nope not musclecars, but regular stuff like Monte Carlo's or LTD Elite (or something like that) and others...

I surely enjoy this stuff more then the same old ..... that we get from 5.0 or MMFF.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Robert,

I think the great thing about that magazine is that they use the definition of Muscle Car as a point in time definition meaning that a muscle car in 1970 is different than a muscle car in 1980 vs 1990 etc. I think it's a great magazine that covers a VERY diverse group of cars.

Same issue you will find a 1985 Shelby Charger under the first car still own it article and a great article on the Pontiac 2+2 Nascar car from the mid 80's. VERY COOL!

I agree, that is what I like the best about that magazine, what was considered "muscle" for its specific time is featured and not just cars from the muscle car era. I noticed how the mid-late 70's cars as well as the 80's cars have been featured more and more in this magazine. It is hard to believe that those cars (mid 80's) are 20+ years old, and of age to be classics to the people who grew up with, and enjoyed them.

R

Users who are viewing this thread