Hennessey Shelby GT500KR for sale

mcdover

Established Member

crazyhorse06

Established Member
mcdover said:
Way overpriced! Going rate now is $10K over MSRP for a stock GT500. This car does not have $25K worth of performance upgrades.
It took them quite a while to sell the last one. It was on there for several weeks.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Going rate now is $10K over MSRP for a stock GT500.

Id hardly call it the going rate yet. Not saying it isnt going to happen, but the going rate is still 15K+. Cheapest BIN on ebay right now is still 59,995.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the big deal the is a used car already thrashed upon by hennessey himself. at least 5k off just on this fact alone.
the performance upgrades are a catback, intake, pulley, and tune. bout 1k for the upgrades at a normal shop.
then you have the look. personally i would only pay for the stuff that i like. this is the drop and wheels and tires. 500 for the drop and 3500 for the wheels and tires. lets add it up shall we? 45(msrp) - 5 + 1 + .5 + 3.5 = ....

$45k is all i would pay for this car!

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
It took them quite a while to sell the last one. It was on there for several weeks.
I thought this was the same one that was on there a few weeks ago. Can't believe they found someone to buy even 1 of them at that price.:shrug:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
badsube said:
I thought this was the same one that was on there a few weeks ago. Can't believe they found someone to buy even 1 of them at that price.:shrug:
That could be. The one that was there a while ago sold according to completed auctions. Maybe the buyer did not fulfill the contract.

edit: That must be the case. I just searched his feedback and no KR listed. I do remember seeing where the auction was completed as sold as I thought "Wow, it finally sold." I did see in his feedback that he bought Cheatah Girl tickets though!

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
A lot of Henessey's cars go up on ebay, are never sold, and then are relisted again later. Look at those 1/4 million dollar vipers he sells. Nobody buys those either, but there is always one listed on ebay.

drhyed

Established Member
does any one else pay any attention? Henessey is one of the worst aftermarket builders with very very bad customer service. he has had many issues over his poor work and broken promises. do a little internet search or go ask around on viper/srt-10 boards and see for yourself.

bluestreak89

Established Member
CarmelSRTjohnhennessy should be in any moment to comment on this vehicle..........

oh wait............

I know nothing about building cars and would build my own before I ever sent a car to that place or bought a car from that place. Does it surprise anyone that he would fake like he sold a car to see if someone else would buy?

80k? You can EASILY find a GT500 for 60k and lets add it up

Wheels/Tires 5,000
Coilovers 3,000
Axle and DS 1,500
Bolt ons-tune 2,500
Exhaust 2,000

+ a 2 year warranty isnt all that bad, but who it's warrantied by would kill it for me.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I almost puked when I saw that the magazines were testing his cars again. I read about his shenanigans a few years ago and he deserves the shitty rap he has gotten.

Someone tell him to stay away from Fords.:xpl:

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
I didn't realize that hennessey has that bad of a reputation..

Got to admit the car looks prettt sweet lowered with those rims...

mcdover

Established Member
Neverlift said:
I didn't realize that hennessey has that bad of a reputation..

Got to admit the car looks prettt sweet lowered with those rims...

Seems like I read somewhere that he ripped a guy off for about $100K on mods to his viper. The owner ended up having to sue.

Users who are viewing this thread