Hennessey tunes the Mclaren Mp4-12c

BRIZZOK84

Established Member
I was on autoweek today.I wanted to show others what hennessey is doing.

By: Jake Lingeman on 2/01/2012
Related Articles

Formula One: New McLaren has traditional look
For McLaren and Dassault Systèmes, software weapons help wage battle of efficiency
Formula One: Whitmarsh says McLaren won't give up on 2011
Wild Ride: Jenson Button drives McLaren F1 car around Moscow's streets
Formula One: McLaren confident for Montreal
Formula One: McLaren eyes significant improvement in Spain
Texas tuner Hennessey Performance will offer an upgrade package for the McLaren MP4-12C. The result is an 800-hp machine that looks even more sinister than the car it came from. The blood-red paint, carbon-fiber aero kit and blacked-out wheels in the rendering all say supercar to us.

The twin-turbo 3.8-liter stays, but we'd bet the 43:57 front-to-rear weight ratio is out the window. Hennessey upgrades the turbos, intercooler and air-intake system. They add a titanium exhaust, new waste gates and blow-off valves. The transmission gets worked over to handle the extra 208 hp.

To get the slick look, you'll need Carbon Aero body kit, Hennessey monoblock wheels and a custom interior. If the car can perform like a hypercar, it may as well have the look.

The numbers are impressive. Those extra horses will bump the 0-to-60-mph time from 3.3 seconds to who knows what. The top speed of 205 mph is increased as well.

Hennessey does admit that it left the brakes and the suspension alone. Even the company can say that some things just can't be improved upon.

The engine parts will be available as a package or in piecemeal, but pricing hasn't been announced yet. They do come with a warranty that carries a two-year/24,000-mile guarantee on everything Hennessey installs.

mclarenjpgmaxw630.jpg

By brizzok84 at 2012-02-01Read more: Hennessey tunes the McLaren MP4-12C - Autoweek

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It kind of pisses me off that con-artist is able to get so much publicity. So many new suckers for him to con. :(

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Knowing him, it'd be cheaper to buy another one than upgrade your current.

R1Lello

Established Member
Amazing that most car site forums I visit.......his name is scum, yet he's in business........how ??

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
How can you "tune" a McLaren. So is he trying to say he is a better tuner than the McLarren team? More likely tuning it to take away all aspects it was designed for and adding more crap to it.

I are not imprezzed.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
While I'm not a fan of Hennessey, I do have to say that does look pretty sick. Granted it's just a rendering for now, but still..

-Eric

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Take a masterpiece from one of the most distinguished firms in the world and send it to that joke to get "modded" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D If you are stupid enough to do this then you deserve whats coming to you. This isn't a Dodge Viper so don't treat it like one.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I really don't like the looks of the new Mclaren from the factory but this tuned version looks sick, with that being said Hennessey is a douche

Users who are viewing this thread