Here are my dyno #s

Kimcobra

Established Member
I have a 04 cobra with 900 miles on it,WMS CAI,and 2.5 flowmaster catback.I dynoed on a mustang dyno and the car put down 429rwhp & 389rwtq.What do you guys think of these #s.Thanks

707RIDAH

Established Member

Sa-When said:
I have a 04 cobra with 900 miles on it,WMS CAI,and 2.5 flowmaster catback.I dynoed on a mustang dyno and the car put down 429rwhp & 389rwtq.What do you guys think of these #s.Thanks

That seems to be extremely high for your rwhp. I have never seen or heard of anyone dynoing that high with those mods. torque seems believable though.

Kimcobra

Established Member
SNKBITE said:
Maybe he posted them backwards?

Sorry I am not a retard. :nono: The #s are just how I posted them.It is unusual I know Thats why I posted here to see if anyone could tell me why the TQ seemed to be right were a Cobra with my mods should be,But the HP was pretty high.I mean it seems right on with my wife's car when it had Just a catback and CAI on it.Hers #s were 388rwhp and 379rwtq. :shrug:
We also dynoed hers again with the new mods and she put down 464rwhp and 497 rwtq.Again I posted here just to see what you guys thought.Not to catch flack for it.Thanks anyway.

Kimcobra

Established Member
spyder1337 said:
Nice numbers, and thats a mustang dyno. You and your wife seem to have badass cars.

Thanks spyder1337,I know the 429 seems a little high and most people will not believe it.There was a couple other cobra owners there when the car was on the dyno and they said the same thing I said :shrug:I can't blame anyone for doughting it Heck if i didn't see it for myself I wouldn't have believed it either.

MikeW

Established Member
I had my 03 on the same dyno on the same day that Sa-when had his wifes car on the dyno with just a caback and CAI. My car had catted-x, Borla Stinger and K&N FIPK. My car put down 404RWHP and 385RWTQ. High numbers as well for a stock pulley car on a Mustang Dyno. Sa-When has a factory freak on his hands if the mustang dyno is 10% lower rule is applies. 429 x 1.10 = 472 RWHP on a Dyno jet. Hell with those numbers I'd not have a pulley or a tune. I felt my 404RWHP 3's were high for a Mustang Dyno because that would have put me at 445 on a dynojet dyno when i was expecting 410RWHP on a dynojet and 370 on a Mustang Dyno.

Sa-When you know I believe you it's the dyno brand that everyone is questioning with those numbers. Either way your 04 put down 25 more RWHP than my car and 41 more than Kims car on the same dyno and that difference cant be because of the dyno.... Man when your car gets some miles on it ...it will be a beast!

whocares

Established Member
I was there and it did seem pretty high, but the car did run 12.6@115 with just a catback so the numbers really don't seem out of line with the performance.

MikeW

Established Member
whocares said:
I was there and it did seem pretty high, but the car did run 12.6@115 with just a catback so the numbers really don't seem out of line with the performance.

I was at the track when Dan ran the 12.6 that's about right on for a catback 04, but that 115 trap sure is NICE :burnout: Another club member ran the same time in his 03 with just hte stock mufflers cut out and everthing else was stock to the paper filter. It was this persons 1st time to the track ever and he ripped off a 12.6 at 112.

One thing for sure Sa-Whens car is a runner and not just a dyno Queen like mine :pepper: When he is done and the way he can row the gears he will be deep into the 11's or better.

Kimcobra

Established Member
97 Topless Snake,Thanks,You know I wouldn't come on here and make up some crap.Whocares, You were there so we know what the #s were.I don't feel the need to explain myself.I think the dyno jet & mustang dynos are pretty close.Both can be adjusted so no one will ever really know.I just wanted a base line before I started the winter mods.As long as I stay with the same dyno I'll know what the car picks up.My goal is 525rwhp and 525rwtq,or close to it.Kim is very happy with her car after we got home and she smoked me a few times from 40 & 50mph kicks she was all smiles.I still think I'll get her from a stop,But I have a little more practice.Thanks again guys.97Topless Snake,Have you read the calander we got at the x-mas dinner.It says 12.6@112 for a stock 04 ;-)

smuggler

Banned
Sa-When said:
...I mean it seems right on with my wife's car when it had Just a catback and CAI on it.Hers #s were 388rwhp and 379rwtq. :shrug:
We also dynoed hers again with the new mods and she put down 464rwhp and 497 rwtq.Again I posted here just to see what you guys thought.Not to catch flack for it.Thanks anyway.
Damn, your wife's car is faster than yours?
That's gotta be a kick in the balls. :kaboom:

j/k

MikeW

Established Member
Sa-When said:
97Topless Snake,Have you read the calander we got at the x-mas dinner.It says 12.6@112 for a stock 04 ;-)

From what I have seen the time is right on but and the MPH is close too.

All that matters about the dyno #'s is that you now have a safe duno proven tune on Kims car and a starting point to gauge your progress w the white Cobra..... Both will be 500RWHP Monsters by spring I bet :banana: :bowdown:

Last edited:

SNKBITE

Established Member
Chill out Sa-When I did not intend my response as a slam, flame, or do I think you are a retard.
Personally I can not imagine why your numbers are what they are. That is why I thought maybe you had posted them backwards. You have to admit that they seem a little more believable that way. ( I.E. 389/429)
Good luck on figuring out why they are what they are.... :??:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Wow 429rwhp with intake and exhaust on a mustang dyno? Seems really high, but im not going to call you a liar... I did 440 with intake, MRT Hpipe, FLowmaster catback, TB, 2.93 pulley and that was a dyno jet

Kimcobra

Established Member
Its all good'I was a little :shrug: myself thats why I posted them to see if anyone else had thier car do the same thing.It is very odd I think But Hey i will not complain about it.I just hope the car respones to mods also.Most cars you see that Dyno high with little mods or even stock they seem not to respone that well to mods.Maybe I just have a couple mods the work well together??We'll see when the winter mods start.I do hope to get in the 500rwhp club.
Yes is does suck when the wife's car is faster then yours,But I never thought I would get a cobra so I modded hers.Then after driving it I had to get one for myself.I will garranty that it will not be faster for much longer.Take care all and thanks for the replys.

TnPaulMan

Banned
Sa-When is as credible as they come. So is the shop that he had the work performed. www.delkperformance.com Just don't let him get going about JBA Racing...

Great numbers buddy. I do believe it is possible and after riding in that car, I know it is stupid fast. Just makes me want a blower!!!

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread