Here's the mods......what next???

White98SVT

Established Member
Hey guys/gals,
I'm kind of wondering where to go with my Cobra next. Here's a list of mods that I've done. See if you can make any suggestions as to other power adder parts or general performance parts to get to make my snake run faster.

I'm not a fan of Nitrous so it's not something I'm looking into, and a supercharger isn't in the budget.

Exhaust:
Mac O/R H
2 chamber Flowmaster weldin's

Suspension:
Steeda G-trac Stage one (springs, c/c plates, adj. rear swaybar, and strut tower brace)
Tokico shocks/struts
Steeda UCA's
Steeda LCA's
Steeda offset rack bushings
Steeda G-trac bar
Steeda sub frame connectors with cross brace

Other performance mods:
FMS 3.73 gears (going in Sat.)
FMS aluminum driveshaft
C&L 80mm MAF
FRPP 9mm plugwires
Steeda UD Pullies
Steeda Timing Adjustor
B&M Shifter
Slotted Rotors/ceramic pads

And..........I think that's about it. Any suggestions on where to go with my next mods? I know I do want to finish up my G-trac suspension and all I have left to buy for that is a front swaybar and offset A-Arm bushings.

Any other suggestions?

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Well, you could always bolt on a larger T-Body.. Good for a few ponies...

Or, have your intake runners shortened. The stock runners seem to have excess overhang, reducing power... thus shortening has claimed to add 30-40hp.... Just an idea.... Sounds like you have a real nice one there...

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Cullen Wharton

Or, have your intake runners shortened. The stock runners seem to have excess overhang, reducing power... thus shortening has claimed to add 30-40hp.... Just an idea.... Sounds like you have a real nice one there...

Shortening the runners isn't a good idea since he's NA if he was blown however that's a different story.

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Cullen Wharton

While both of those suggestions are good, I am N/A. On the T-body, I've read dyno gains of 0 on a N/A cobra so I think I'll wait until I get a blower...which will be:shrug:

Thanks for the suggestions though...keep em' coming:thumbsup:

JohnnyReb

Established Member
White98SVT

The first thing I would recommend would be to send the 3.73's back for 4.30's. They're not worth installing - not enough gear for the DOHC.

97 horse snake

Established Member
Originally posted by JohnnyReb
White98SVT

The first thing I would recommend would be to send the 3.73's back for 4.30's. They're not worth installing - not enough gear for the DOHC.

agreed. i have the 3.73's and they're not worth it. go steeper especially if you plan to stay n/a.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
You should look into L/T headers, heads, intake, and a cam. Ive seen high numbers with SHM products. Might as well get everything port/polished while you are at it too. Never can get enough airflow especially when you will eventually be getting a blower.

White98SVT

Established Member
Well I have looked into long tubes and really like the idea. Unfortunately I'm in graduate school so money isn't really flowing like a river around here lately. That's the reason I'm going with 3.73's....simply because the gas mileage will be a little better than the 4.10's but also because they were free:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread