Here's the Pics

Cobra-R

Established Member
You removed the clock????? ;)

Looks good Shane!! Did your airbags deploy in your mishap?

Have fun this weekend and be safe.

Brian

95R#177

Established Member
Cobra-R said:
You removed the clock????? ;)

Looks good Shane!! Did your airbags deploy in your mishap?

Have fun this weekend and be safe.

Brian

thanks guys...yeah, the clock can easily be re-installed though...the bags did deploy...got everything done except installing the brake ducting, but when I ran Pueblo last year it was fine without, so not sure if I should screw with it right now...the guys at the body shop were great about letting me use their facility to do my work on the car...I have an extra new radiator now too, one of about eight or so that still exist? snowing here in Cheyenne today, but forecast for Pueblo is OK

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Car looks great, sorry to hear about the fuel pump troubles.

95R#177 said:
Definitely, Scott. Our NASA schedule says Hastings is Sept 30-Oct 1.

Damn, I hope we go to the fields late this year to drill wheat or else I just found out that I wont be going to the NASA event at Hastings. I really need a M-F 9-5 type job. :-D

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
95R#177 said:
For those that are interested to see my post-incident finished car, here's the link: http://www.titusracing.com/customers.htm

Shane,

Car looks good. :banana:

Nice tach setup. Looks sharp. Did you look into re-positioning the shift light to the steering column?

BTW, this is not to slam your hard work or anyone else's. When you mount the battery disconnect switch it is preferable to position it so the DRIVER can reach it FROM HIS SEAT just as easy as track personnel.

Very nice.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
tomshep said:
Nice tach setup. Looks sharp. Did you look into re-positioning the shift light to the steering column?

BTW, this is not to slam your hard work or anyone else's. When you mount the battery disconnect switch it is preferable to position it so the DRIVER can reach it FROM HIS SEAT just as easy as track personnel.
Just my 2 cents here (and worth less than Tom's).

I have a similar tach that I like mounted on the dash but above the steering wheel (along with the shift light). It's easy to see without taking your eye off the line you want to hit (as you look to where you want to be).

My safety cut-off switch is mounted on the passenger side behind where the passenger seat would be (if it was there). It has the appropriate decal located on the outside of the body (where the safety people can clearly see it). I also have a switch mounted (in series) next to me in the driver's compartment. I can find it easily even while wearing a head/neck restraint.

When I drive another car I always rehearse the movements many, many times in the paddock before going out. I want it to become second nature if anything bad should happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread