Hesitates at WOT and runs rich....

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
It was doing that with the factory coil packs also. I would take it to a tuner if there was actually one close to me. The nearest one is at least 5 hours away. I live in the middle of nowhere. Yeah it has a built bottom end, 03 cobra shortblocks with 03 cobra cams. Can I plug my laptop into it and data log it with the sct tuner stuff? Then I could get an idea of the fuel pressure or spark is taking a crap. I'll be home thursday so I'm gonna take a look at it next weekend and get a better idea of whats up. My brother is a good mechanic but I'd like to get hands on it myself. I'll keep you guys posted.

scott

harvboi05

Established Member
you can download livewire from SCT's home page and datalog with a laptop. is it running a returned fuel system? if so, you cant see fuel pressure in the datalog, youll have to eyeball the gauge. you will be able to see the spark tho.

did you ever replace the plugs/check their gap? its only like 16 dollars to get some TR6s and gap em to .030. you might as well do it anyways just to start in with the maintenance.

KISS. do the cheap and easy stuff first.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
yeah it already has TR5's in it and my brother re gapped them. They were .40 when I got the car and it was doing the same thing. Then when he re gapped them it ran fine then blew the coil pack fuse. It kept blowing the fuse then I got the MSD coil packs and it's not blowing the fuse but hesitating again. The plugs look good but I might try putting some new ones in anyways, who knows how old they are.

Users who are viewing this thread