Hesitation at idle.

LS1toSVT

Established Member
This just started last night. I started the car and noticed the idle was a little odd and the vac was low.

After I drove it for a while and got home, popped the hood. everything is still connected,vac lines and electrical from what I could see. When I crack the throttle about 1/2 way or WOT real quick, the idle will drop and then shoot up.

No codes, the frp is 37-45 range and the tps voltage seems to be normal at idle. Plugs are new. I can't seem to think of anything else to check right now.

The car ran solid before this situation, and the car still hauls ass at WOT.

MODS

whipple 3.0 pulley
MAFia, bap, 60#'s
accufab tb, k&n, o/r x pipe, flowmstrs
milehi tuned

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Bump, Im still stuck guys.

I changed the FRPS and the car still hesitates at any rpm. The vac is back to normal as well.

Last night I started the car up to head over to a friends. It still hesitated at any rpm, it was very hard to get started off in 1st gear because it would almost stall. Once your rolling and past the initial hesitation, the car would still pull hard under boost. No stumble or miss while wot. My exhaust is noticably quieter though.

Now get this. I left my friends house about 45 min later and the car drove like I described above, but then after 10min of driving it went back to normal! Throttle response was instant! Exhaust was loud and it drove as if nothing was wrong.

Im totally lost.

LS1toSVT

Established Member
$25 to your paypal account if you fix this! Car is random, sometimes its perfectly fine. Other times the car will hesitate at any rpm, very noticeable at idle when you hit the gas, the rpms drop and then shoot up.

Temp conditions dont matter, nor does cold/warm start.

HELP ME!

Users who are viewing this thread