Hesitation/Power Loss at WOT

03VNM

Established Member
Hi all,
I just purchased a 2003 Cobra with 15k on the clock. It has the following mods (at least that's what the paperwork states). Stage IV ported eaton, 60 lb injectors, 2.9 upper/6 lb lower, 2400 MAF, PPRV Deleted, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, Bassani mid-length headers, Dynomax 3" exhaust, bigger heat exchanger/intercooler and 93 octane tune form Horsepower by Hermann.

The car ran fantastic when I test drove it but when I took delivery of the car 4 days later, it's loosing power and hesitates under hard acceleration, almost like the traction control is on. The symptoms exist in any gear under hard acceleration. Apparently I test drove the car with 93 octane gas from the east coast. However, when the car was delivered to me it had 91 in it. So I assumed that was the problem. I parked the car and ordered Torco accelerator to bring octane up to 93 or above. Torco came this weekend and mixed in 16 ounces with 12 gallons of 91 octane fuel which should bring the octane above 93. The problem still exists. I am going to take it in to AED for a retune, but just wanted to see if anyone here has any input or suggestions I can check for that may be the culprit. Could it possibly be a clogged fuel filter from running the 91 octane gas? With such low miles I would think the plugs and fuel filter would be fine. It definitely seems like a fuel issue.

As always, thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread